𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰

It was afternoon and I was lying in the middle of of my shared room. Procrastinating. Again. Then Divina barged back into our room. I propped myself up on my elbows, confused why she was only arriving now.

"You're going on a date with my brother?" Shit. "I swear it's not really a date, we're just hanging out." Divina just stared at me, cocked and eyebrow then burst out laughing. "You sound so scared, Jay. I'm not gonna hurt you. And the way Kent described it, definitely sounded like a date." My cheeks flushed at her words.

"You're absolutely sure you don't care if anything happens between us?" I had to be sure. The more time I spent with him, the more I liked him. "Absolutely. I'll even help you two hook up, if it gets him off my back all the time." She grinned at me yet again. Relief flooded through me at her words; I didn't have to worry about an overprotective sibling.

My phone, which lay beside me, dinged just as Divina had finished reassuring me. I sat up properly and looked at the new notification. The description read Unknown contact: 'Hey it's Kent' +3 new messages. "Kent just texted me." Divina immediately sat down next to me to look at my phone. She looked more excited then I was. "Well? What'd he say?" I opened the messages and read them out to her. "He said: 'You free Friday night? There's a nice restaurant downtown.'"

I quickly typed back; 'yea I'm free, that sounds great', then I turned to Divina. "What the fuck do I wear?" We got up and started looking through my closet, sorting through clothes. My floor was strewn with clothes within the first ten minutes. And I still didn't have an outfit. It was a constant battle between me and clothes we pulled out.

"This one?" "No."

"How about this?" "Absolutely not."

"Okay, okay, what about these two?" "Nope."

Thank goodness we didn't have anything extracurricular today because I swear we spent hours deciding on different combinations. And none of them were good. Divina sat back against my bed; she'd given up. "We should just go shopping." "No wait, I think I found something." I pulled out a green slip dress that I barely wore, paired it with a plain white tee and a leather jacket. "What about this?" I turned towards Divina and her jaw dropped. "You'll look stunning. Definitely that one." I grinned at her reaction to the outfit, and placed it aside for Saturday.

——

Friday finally rolled around, and I was a mess of nerves and excitement. Kent and I still joked with each other, and used nicknames, but every time I looked at him, it's like I could feel his emotions through his eyes. It's was freaking me out. Since he was picking me up at 5:00pm and it was only 1:00pm, I still had time to kill. I had made it through all my required classes, now I had a spare.

I had read almost all the books that I brought with me from home, so I went to the library to chill. I threw on my favourite hoodie, the one I went swimming in the lake for the first time with Kent in. I got to the library and browsed for a few minutes, before selecting a book and settling down to read it. About two and a half hours later, I had lost track of time, and my phone dinged with a text.

Divina: where tf are u girl? U have to get ready!

Shoot, I was gonna be late. I ran to my dorm faster than ever and barged into the room. Divina looked up from her phone with relief plastered on her face. "Finally! I was about to ring you." I was panting a bit. "Sorry, I was just in the library reading." "For 2.5 hours?" She sounded astounded. "Hey it was a good book!"

She shut me up with one look at told me to hurry up because her brother was almost here. I quickly took a shower and got dressed then sat down to put on some makeup. It was slightly excessive, but this was a date, after all. Eventually, it was close enough to five and a knock sounded on our door. Divina got up to open it. Kent was standing on the other side, leaning against the doorframe. I had slipped on my shoes; doc martens, and grabbed my phone to slip it into my jacket pocket.

"Have fun you two, and please use protection. If your gonna fuck then go to Kent's dorm." She smirked. I turned beet red instantly. "Divina!" I practically hissed. Kent just laughed. "Yes ma'am. Alright mermaid, let's go." We left to go to the local town, Jericho. It was a brisk 25 minute walk, and thank god I wasn't wearing heels.