𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴

My jaw was slack for a good while before I nudged Kent, grabbing his attention. I pointed over to where Wednesday was standing with Enid. He looked just as shocked at the sight, but reassured me all the same. "It's fine, we got this Jay. We just gotta keep the others away from our team." I nodded in agreement. I shook my mind and gave myself an internal pep talk.

We head over to the side dock where we'd be diving in from on Bianca's signal. We heard the sound of the gunshot going off and prepared to dive. I was already stripped down to my swimwear, and Kent tore his shirt off just as Bianca came around the corner and nodded at us. We dove in, and instantly transformed. The boats were all ahead of us, but our team was further behind.

We caught up to them in no time, and Kent went after one of the other teams. They crashed into the giant red buoy that was floating off to the side. He joined me after and I gave him a fist bump for his efforts. We dove back down, our tails hitting the water and making some waves. We went for the black cats next, which was Wednesday's team.

We neared the canoe, Kent leading the way, when a fish net was shot out of the boat. It hit Kent, trapping him and withholding him from swimming. Wednesday must've seen our tails when we dove, hence the net. I shot after Kent and ripped the net off him with an uncanny aggression, especially for me. Once Kent was able to swim normally, I looked around for the culprit but all the teams were now at Raven island. We could only wait.

It took a while but the boats came back onto the water. The gold bugs were in second, only to the jokers, which was Xavier and Ajax's team. I was specifically waiting for the black cats, I knew it was Wednesday's idea to have the net there. Xavier's team started to sink, slowly, and I saw claw marks in the hull of the canoe. Enid must've clawed it.

Now it was down to the gold bugs and the black cats. The latter had come out of Raven island and was now gaining on Bianca. Both me and Kent went after the black cats' boat, and he latched in first. They began moving towards another red buoy, when there was a small splash from the other side. A single hand came swimming towards Kent, and at the last minute, formed a fist which knocked Kent out.

I was fuming. First the net, now a decapitated hand. I grabbed the hand and threw it back on the boat, then proceeded to shove the black cats' canoe into a buoy. Their boat shattered and they were all thrown over board. I grinned menacingly before going back to the depths of the lake to find Kent. I found him at the sea floor, and grabbed him, quickly shooting up to the surface and dragging him to the side dock we dove from.

I shifted back to human form, while he was still a siren. I checked for his breathing, and there was nothing. Fear rippled through my entire body and I began CPR. Thirty compressions. Two breaths. Repeat. I did it for a solid five minutes, before he awoke, sputtering and coughing. I breathed a sigh of relief at that and promptly hugged him tightly. "I thought you were dead." I mumbled in his ear.

He grinned back at me. "You can't get rid of me that easily. Thankyou for saving me." I sat back and lay on the dock for a bit before there was footsteps rushing towards us. I looked up to see Divina running over to us. "Holy shit what happened?" She was almost hysterical, and motioned to Kent's eye, which was now forming a black bruise around it.

"I got tangled in a fish net, punched in the eye and Jaden saved me." Kent beat me to it. "Both of which were sent by Wednesday." I added. Divina turned to me at my words. Her face morphed into one of anger. "That fucking-" "div it's fine, I'm alive thanks to jay, and their boat was smashed against the buoy. Again thanks to jay." Kent attempted to calm his sister. She settled down after that, but not before she hugged me extremely hard and profusely thanked me.

"It's all good, div, no need to keep thanking me. Consider it a thanks for being so nice to me when I first came here." I grinned at her and we started walking back to the school. By then everyone had dispersed and gone back to the quad, probably. Me and Kent had quickly put our uniform back on, but when we got near the school I tried to drag him to get ice for his eye. "Please Kent? It'll feel better afterwards."

He kept trying to refuse, but whenever I touched the area around his eye, he flinched, so I knew he had to ice it. I took him back to my room and sat him down on my bed. "Stay there, I'm going to get something." I ran out to the nurse to grab a small bag of ice and booked it back to the dorm. When I got there Kent was exactly where I left him, on my bed. That made me smile.

I sat down next to him and he said watched as I gently turned his head towards me and pressed the ice against his eye and the surrounding area. He managed to let me take care of him for a bit before he became slightly restless and demanded that I let him get up and do stuff. "Kent, no, you're injured." He pouted, and gave me puppy eyes. "Well if I can't go anywhere, I want cuddles." He stated.

I chuckled at him, he was so cute when he acted like a child. "Okay go get changed." I told him. He went to the bathroom while I stayed in the main area and changed into more comfortable clothes myself. He came out wearing grey sweats this time, nothing else. I quickly averted my eyes. He grabbed me and pulled me over to my bed, jumping on it, literally. I climbed in after him, and we ended up staying in my bed for the rest of the day. I was loving these moments.