𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟮

It was a week later, and the whole school was now buzzing with the news of a dance; the rave'n. Everyone was talking about it, and I mean quite literally everyone. Even some normies from the school in Jericho were gossiping. I think I was the only sane person that hadn't gotten 'high school disco brainrot'. However I was still dragged into dress shopping with Divina that afternoon.

"Come on it'll be fun. You can double date with Kent, me and Yoko." I rolled my eyes at her excitement but agreed anyways. What I thought was going to be a session of pretty pink dresses, turned out to be pretty successful. I managed to find an outfit that I was satisfied with; a mid-length white, flowy dress with long bell sleeves, and an underbust corset with little blue butterflies and pale flowers decorating it.

Divina also found something that day, more along the lines of a suit. I thought it would suit her perfectly and Yoko was sure to love it. We headed back to Nevermore and to our dorm to put down our bags. Since it was a free day today, I got changed out of my uniform; into a blue crop and green shorts. A knock was heard on out dorm door and Divina got up to answer it.

She stepped back to reveal Kent, flowers in hand, and a giddy smile on his face. I stood up and walked closer, Divina stepped back. "Hey love, what's this for?" He took a breath then spoke. "Jaden will you go the rave'n with me?" His words mused together when he spoke, showcasing his nervousness.

I grinned at him; "of course. It would be my pleasure." He handed me the flowers, which I took to my bedside table and placed in a vase. He followed me into the room and hugged me from behind. We spent a long time just standing together like that, enjoying each other's company. I occasionally chatted with Divina about her and Yoko, amongst other things, until it was time to sleep.

It was finally the day of the rave'n and everyone was talking about it. Like it was the talk of the school. I was also excited, but my excitement was less prominent than the other girls. Divina, Yoko and I all sat in our dorm having our own little mani-pedi party before we got ready to go. Kent was picking me up later so I enjoyed my time with the girls.

Sooner or later it was time to go, so we all got into our outfits, and slipped on our shoes. I walked out of the bathroom to where Divina and Yoko were waiting. They looked up at me and their jaws dropped. "Oh my god, Jaden. You look stunning." "Drop dead gorgeous." I blushed at their words, thanking them both. Then the door burst open and Kent stood in the doorway.

"I'm here, I'm here. I swear I'm not late. Jaden are you-" he stopped mid sentence when he turned towards me, his jaw hung slightly adjacent. I gave a nervous smile. "What? Is it too much?" He snapped out of his stupor then. "No, no, no, no. You look perfect. Amazing. Stunning." He rambled on, using almost every descriptive word he could think of.

I laughed and walked towards him. "Love, it's okay. Thankyou. You look handsome yourself." He calms at my words and grins at me, putting his hands on my waist. We checked the time then all four of us; Divina, Yoko, Kent and me, walked out to go to the rave'n.

Mrs Thornhill stood at the door welcoming students to the dance, complementing each as they go in. We approached and she saw us, a big smile spread on her face. "Oh you look so good! Have fun at this years' rave'n!" We thanked her and walked into the room filled with laughter and music.

The space looked amazing, with the tables decorated with fake ice stalagmites and white table clothes. There was a dj, M.C. Blood Suckaz, at the back wall with a giant fake ice sculpture of a yeti, more commonly known to the public as the abominable snowman. Our group found our table and I went to go grab us some drinks. The punch bowl had a blue liquid with vapour fizzling off of the surface; they were called yeti-tinis.

We all flocked to the dance floor then and enjoyed dancing together. Kent stepped back and did the worm before blowing a kiss to me, which I pretended to catch on my heart. Then everyone stopped and stared at the doorway. There stood Wednesday Addams and Tyler, a normie from the Weathervane. She had really gone all out, with a black frilly dress and a collie that complimented her nicely. She looked as if she wanted to leave though.

"Bianca isn't gonna be happy." Kent leaned towards us and spoke. We all nodded, mutually agreeing with him. I noticed said siren across the hall sitting with Xavier, who didn't look too impressed with Wednesday's appearance either. Another song started up then and we resumed our dancing.

And the song changed, yet again. It was an old song; the goo goo muck by the cramps. One of my parent's favourites. I dragged Kent to dance with me as I twirled around him. He soon joined in and we were dancing and laughing together. Then Wednesday joined the crowd with Tyler, everyone made sure to keep a wide girth from them.

She was dancing like a robot really, her body was stiff in most of her movements. It was unique but still slightly weird. Even if I didn't like the girl, I admired her carelessness for others' opinions. It was mesmerising watching how she floated around the room and her bold dancing. Most people in the crowd were staring. Then the song finished and she stopped, promptly leaving the floor.

I went back to the table to rest my feet. Everyone else did the same. A final song was then put on, as it was almost midnight. We all poured onto the dance floor again and everyone danced like their life depended on it. I enjoyed it a lot, everyone together having a good time. That was until the sprinklers were activated and red liquid dropped down onto my dress. I looked up as the rain got heavier, ruining the night.

My eyes darted around the room trying to find Kent. I saw him with Divina and rushed over as quick as I could in 4 inch heels and red paint. I grabbed him and pulled him towards the exit. We made it out then and just stood for a bit, recovering from the chaos. I turned to him, and we burst out laughing at each others appearance.

"I totally need a shower now."