Breaking barriers

As soon as he tucked you in he immediately took off his bloody gear . His tactical pants were drenched with blood and grime . He went to the bathroom quietly and shut the door and stripped from his dirty clothes. He turned on the shower and he removed his mask . As soon as he went in, his skin was met with the cold water of the shower . He shivered as he stepped in all the way but he just stood there for a moment until he noticed the stab wound in his shoulder .
" I'll patch it up when I get out ."
He said to himself as he went and grabbed the soap and got to scrubbing. He winced as he moved his arms to  wet his hair an wash his face.
Dried up blood and gunk went with the water and went down the drain and after a while he turned off the water.as he stepped out the shower  He grabbed a nearby towel off the hanging rack on the wall and he dried his face and along with his hair . He then wrapped his towel around his waist and went over to the sink mirror  to see how bad the damage was  . It was a deep gash wound that had surprisingly stopped bleeding . He shrugged it off and grabbed the med kit from the lower cabinet of the sink . He pulled out a white and red container and opened it to find some gauze , tools for stitching  up wounds and disinfecting wipes along with other medical supplies. He grabbed the stitching stuff and got to work patching himself up . After a good 15 minutes he finally patched  himself up . It wasn't the prettiest looking but it held together and it would for sure leave a scar . He got on his underwear and put on a pair of clean sweatpants along with a black sweatshirt. He put on some deodorant and put on some socks and finally headdd out the bathroom while putting on his mask . He had cleaned his mask while I'm the shower and just let it dry a bit . It was damp but he didn't care and put it on anyways. He stepped out the bathroom and saw that you still hadn't woken up . You were laying down still , he thought about how peaceful you looked while you were out cold but he also remembered what happened earlier . He walked over to the bed and he sat on the edge of the bed causing it to dip .
" I'm sorry ...I'm so so sorry...."
He said.
Ghosts head perked up when he soon heard a knock on the door. He got off the bed and he went to the door to see a blue eyed scottish waiting at his door with a concerned look
It was soap .
" you alright mate ...you got cut up and is spook alright ?"
Soap asked concern for him and you as well .
" I'm fine ..."
He replied , his tone deep and quiet.
'' i'm fine i patched myself up ......she's breathing and i'm just waiting for her to wake up ''
He said while taking a glance at you and then his eyes focused back on soap.
'' i came here to check up on you guys and unit 99 left ''
Soap said while scratching his neck nervously.
'' wait there gone ?''
Ghost said, confused .
'' yea they are gonna lie low and we should too .''
Soap said .
'' Ghost graves is dead already all we need to do is find shepherd but that's gonna be hard so for now we should lie low and plus y/n needs time to heal ....this is probably not gonna be good on her mental health either so she needs a break and so do the boys .''
Soap said calmly and quietly .
'' agreed ...we lie low until further notice .,. ''
Ghost said while nodding affirmatively .
You squirmed  a little bit and you started to open your eyes slowly . You loved a tiny bit and winced from the pain from your arms . You looked at them and saw that they were bandaged and you were in a bed . Your eyes dropped from grogginess from the sedatives and you mind still hazy. You turned your head a bit and saw that it was a tad bit blurry but the sedatives were wearing down and you saw Ghosts facing  and standing at the door talking to soap . You made a little groan and this made Ghost turn his head so quickly . Soap turned his head and saw that you were up and went over and checked on you as well .
" y/n "
Ghost said being bald you had finally woken up.
He rushed over to you and sat on the edge of the bed. You felt the bed dip as you saw a familiar skull masked man near you .
" d-dad ...shit everything hurts ."
You mustered out .
Your voice was quiet and your throat hurt a ton. It felt as if something kept scratching at your throat for hours . I mean considering the amount of yelling that went on when you were captured could explain that .
" I know I know we'll get you some pain killers ."
He said calmly as he got up and grabbed you a glass of water and a dose of painkillers.he gave you the water which you gratefully took and drank while taking the painkillers.soap went on the other side of you and he lifted up your bandages carefully . Ghost watched intently while making sure nothing happened. He wasn't letting you out of his sight , not after what had happened yesterday .
'' Her wounds are healing nicely but they're gonna leave scars . ''
Soap said quietly .
'' as long as she's ok and alive  I'm ok .....''
Ghost said.
'' i'm glad you guys are gere..''
You said quietly with a smile .
You tried to sit up but where soon helped by Ghost
'' take it easy now alright.''
He said while helping you sit up .
'' dad did you kill them ? ''
'' i dealt with it ...''
Ghost said .
'' i dealt with the men who hurt you ...trust and believe me.''
Ghost said while furrowing his brows but his gaze softened when he looked at you again .
'' is uncle alejandro ok ?''
You asked worried about him .
'' he's up a running and he's okay .''
Soap said .
'' y/n your wounds are gonna leave scars ..''
Soap said nervously .
'' wait really .......THATS SO FUCKING COOL IMMA LOOK SO BADASS HAHA ......i still hate the shadows for what they did though  .''
You said while giving soap a look of happiness but anger .
Soap and ghost gave each other looks basically  saying '' well that went way differently ''.
'' well im glad your alive but no more missions until well....awhile ''
Soap turned to ghosts knowing how the news was gonna hit .
'' wait why ?''
Your brows furrowed a bit and you were confused .
'' Listen y/n you need time to heal and shepherd is still out there and he's gonna be on the run ...we're still trying to figure that one out . ''
Ghost said while grabbing your hand and holding it gently . his hands were much much bigger than yours .
'' its for the best okay''
Ghost said as soap got up to leave the room . soap left and it was just you and your dad .
'' i got something for you spook.''
He said with a hint of excitement in his voice . he went into his closet and he pulled out some scrap metal and a few tools for welding with your very own welding mask .
'' holy hell that's so cool when did  you get that  .''
'' i heard you were working on another mask so i figured i would help you out and get some stuff for you . ''
He handed you your very own welding mask , it was even your favorite color .
'' I love it dad thank you ! . ''
You said as you reached out your hands to give him a hug . he was hesitant to hug you in fear of hurting you but he gently hugged you and you hugged him back . he ruffled your hair a bit and he placed the supplies next to the bed and he shut off the lights and headed for the door .
'' get some rest, okay . you need it ''
He said gently .
'' i love you kiddo .''
I love you too dad .''
He turnt off the light and you got settled in bed again and soon you were out like a light .