8

Licorice took a deep breath and summoned his courage to knocked on the door. "Enter." He heard the deep low voice. Licorice hesitated, but at the end he went in.

Dark Cacao stood over his desk, still distraught of how the mage could not see that Dark Enchantress was using him. He turns to his surprise that the warlock was standing besides him. "So are you ready?" Dark Cacao asked. Licorice nods. "Let's just get this done." Licorice says. Dark Cacao turns to Licorice. "Alright, here's what you need to do. First you are going to clean the entire library." Licorice smirks. "Seems simple enough." He commented. "Before I forget, it's about one quarter of the castle." Dark Cacao said. Licorice's felt his jaw drop, but didn't let it open.

"Come, I'll lead you to the library." Dark Cacao said as he walks out. Licorice follows him as they went. They walk past various rooms, until finally they reach a large room filled with thousands of books on shelves. Dark Cacao then handed Licorice the cleaning supplies. "I recommend that you start by dusting the books and scrolls." He said. Licorice grabs the feather duster and started to dust the first shelf. "And remember: I'm watching you." Dark Cacao shouted. Licorice rolled his eye and continues cleaning. After two hours, Licorice finished one quarter of the library. He then went to another side to the library and after one hour he heard a familiar voice.

"Excuse me, do you know where the history books are?" Licorice nodded without turning back and said. "On the left side of where we standing, I just finished cleaning there, so don't make a mess." "Ok, thank you." The voice replies. "No problem." Licorice responded and he turns around to see GingerBrave and his friends. All were shocked to see eachother. "OLD RAGS?!" GingerBrave yelled. "GingerBrat?!" Licorice exclaims. The two were stunned. "Never thought to see you here." Wizard said sarcastically. "You look completely different in those clothes.." Strawberry said. Licorice turns back and continue dusting.

"Never thought of you as a cleaning type." GingerBrave said with in awkward tone in his voice. Licorice kept quiet. "So, how are things with you and Dark Choco?" GingerBrave asked nervously. Licorice strangled his feather duster tightly, but not enough to break it. "You know, he seemed really upset that you two now only acknowledge with eachother.." Stawberry added. Licorice pauses. "It always been that way." He said as he turns to the kids. The three kids seemed surprised. "So you two were never friends?" GingerBrave asked. "Of course not. We're only coworkers for Dark Enchantress, well until he betrayed us, but that besides the point. You see, in the darkness. You can only indulge with each other because you'll never know who will stab you in the back." Licorice explains.

The three kids looked at eachother and at Licorice. After a while, GingerBrave speaks up again. "I think there may be hope for you.." He says. "What did you say?" "I think you and Dark Choco can become friends." GingerBrave said. Licorice rolled his eye and continued working. "Why do you need a history book?" Licorice asked changing the topic. "To learn more about...a friend because Pure Vanilla wouldn't talk about her without distancing himself." GingerBrave answered. Licorice looks at the kid and sighs. "Be my guest." He said as he goes to another bookshelf.

"See ya." GingerBrave said as he went to the history section. As the others left Strawberry stays behind for a little bit. "You know. You should talk to Dark Choco, he seems to genuinely care about you." She said. Licorice pauses, well it was true that Dark Choco only groans around him, and yet never said an unkind word to him. Licorice always believed that it was because Dark Choco was raised to be respectful and he just tolerated with him. He turns to Strawberry. "I'll think about it." He said. Strawberry nodded and joined her friends. Licorice continues to dust and after six hours he finished dusting the entire library. As soon he was about to grab the broom Dark Cacao grabbed his shoulder. "Lunchtime, and you're sitting by me." Dark Cacao said.