15

Affogato never thought that he would go back so shortly, yet here he is. As he looked at the entrance, he turned to Pomegranate, Choco Werehound Brute, and Bat-Cat. "We need disguises." Affogato said. His mind turned to his childhood home. "And I know where to get some." He said as they headed to an  outskirt rumble of a tent. Affogato breathe in the musty air he has long forgotten. He unearthed a treasure box which contains his father's clothes and his mother's clothes. Out at the corner of his eye he saw a photo of his parents. "Mom..Dad.." He thought to himself. "What are you waiting for?" Pomegranate said impatiently. Affogato stops daydreaming his parents and handed Pomegranate his mom's clothes. "Your mom was a milk villager?" Pomegranate asked in a disgusted tone. Pomegranate then chuckled. "No wonder where you get your love of sweets from." She mused. Affogato sighs as he put on his father's clothes. "I miss you dad." He muttered under his breath. "Affogato, it's time." Pomegranate remind him. Affogato nodded as he walks with the others. Taking one final look at his childhood home.

As they made their way to the citadel, Affogato was disgusted as he see the coffee tribe and the milk tribe getting along.  They may have a peace treaty, but they only pretend to be kind to one another. He seen it in both ways and he hated the fact there is no place for a 'halfling' like him. He was so engrossed by his grudge that he didn't notice that he bumps into someone, someone who he wished to never see again. Caramel Arrow. "Oh, sorry sir. I didn't see you there." She said. Affogato gulped quietly as he lowered his voice. "No, it was my fault. I should've looked where I was going." He said. Caramel Arrow shook her head. "No really it was mine. I have some things going in my head." She replied. Affogato glance up, but not to where she can see his face. "What kind of things?" He asked. Caramel Arrow scratch her back. "I had a best friend who betrayed me and I've been wondering if we were friends from the beginning. I mean we known each other since we were little kids and then he betrayed me. Framing me and putting words in my mouth." She answered.

"Maybe he wants you to see something." He said. Caramel Arrow sighs. "But what?" She said, before Affogato could speak, Pomegranate yelled. "Affogato! The guards! We gotta go!" Caramel Arrow quickly glance at Affogato before realizing his true identity. "Affogato?" She muttered before Affogato quickly dash out of the citadel. Pomegranate, Choco Werehound Brute and Bat-Cat following behind. Just before Affogato could reach the exit, an arrow was shot near him. Affogato looked at the arrow then back to Caramel Arrow who is already prepared to release another arrow, yet didn't. Instead she frozed in her place.  The two former friends stared at each other. Could it be a longing to rekindle? Could it be a wish to go back to their childhood? Could it be a wish of understanding? Or could it be an illusion? Could it be the chance to finally say something more? Could this be their last moments as best friends? A tear slipped past Caramel Arrow's eye and down her cheek as she slowly lowers her bow. Then Affogato ran out without saying a word.

~~~~

Pomegranate, Choco Werehound Brute, Bat-Cat, and Affogato gasp for breaths as they went back to his childhood home. "What the hell were you thinking?!" Pomegranate yelled. Affogato rubs the sting on his face as he spoke back. "Sorry, I got distracted Caramel Arrow. And beside I wasn't the one who blew my cover!" Pomegranate growl, but didn't say anything. "Well since Licorice isn't here. I suppose that we could leave." She said with a huff. Affogato gazed back at the Citadel then said. "I would like to stay, in case Licorice comes back." Pomegranate paused for a moment, than gives him a pomegranate seed. "When he comes back, use this to contact me." She said firmly. Affogato nodded and puts the seed in his pocket. He watch as everyone leaves. Seeing the sun set in the horizon, Affogato went to his father's old room and laid his dad's clothes on side, and his mom's on the other. He then threw himself in the middle, imagining himself in the arms his parents.

~~~~

Red Velvet took Poison Mushroom's hand as they were going out the door. "Are you ready?" He asked. Poison Mushroom nodded. As Red Velvet opened the door, he heard. "Where are you going?" Red Velvet turns around to see Dark Enchantress, meeting her gaze. "Mom, I can't wait any longer. These so call 'Heroes' shed so much blood. And there's not even a limit about whose. That's why I need to take this into my own hands." He said. "Wait." Dark Enchantress stops him. Red Velvet glance at her. "Good luck,  make sure you do it better than, Pomegranate." She said. Red Velvet nodded with a smile. "Thanks." He said, as the two leaves. Red Velvet daydreaming about the race he can behead Dark Cacao, Pure Vanilla, and the traitor, Dark Choco.

~~~~

Pastry looked in all directions before leaving the church. It seems the cold medicine she put in everyones dinner got everyone. Without a moment to spare, she dashed the woods of the church. Pastry knew that the birthplace of creation is not for the ears of St. Pasty church. Pastry's heart tremble the thought of punishment if she gets caught. As Pastry ventured deeper into the woods, the moonlit path illuminated her way, casting eerie shadows among the trees. The air grew colder, and a sense of foreboding enveloped her. She quickened her pace, her footsteps muffled by fallen leaves, as if nature itself conspired to keep her secret safe. Her mind raced with conflicting emotions. Guilt gnawed at her conscience, knowing she had betrayed the trust of her fellow sisters. Yet, a flicker of exhilaration coursed through her veins, fueled by the forbidden knowledge she carried. One day, she'll know the full story, until them. She'll be in hiding.