16

Dark Cacao and Dark Cacao's backstory

Notes: Graphics imagery, Death of a oc, and Child Abuse

Dark Cacao Sr. wraps Dark Cacao tighter in the blanket, hoping Dark Cacao won't get frost bite or hyperthermia. He can hear his stomach growling as he search the frozen wasteland for any sign of shelter, or at least food. Dark Cacao thought of about the possibility of their fates and how to avoid it. Maybe he could disemboweled himself so Dark Cacao could have shelter for the night until someone in the morning can find him and take him in as one of their own. As he grabs his knife, he heard a voice. "I hope you're not going to kill the baby." It said. Dark Cacao Sr. looked up to see a Licorice Tribe member? But..He thought that they're just myths. The Licorice Tribe member slides down the snow to face Dark Cacao Sr.

"No, I wasn't planing to harm him. I was planing on making myself into a shelter for him." Dark Cacao Sr. explains. The Licorice Tribe member looks around. "Are there others?" He asked. Dark Cacao Sr. shook his head. "No, his mother and his older siblings were killed by a traitorous friend of mine." Dark Cacao Sr. explains. The Licorice Tribe member gently rubs Dark Cacao's head. "I have room in my tipi of you want shelter." He said. Dark Cacao Sr. nodded gratefully. "Thank you..Thank you so much." He said, trying not to cry. "Salted Liquorice." The Licorice Tribe member said. "W-what?" Dark Cacao Sr. asked. "That's my name. Salted Liquorice. I thought since you're going to spend the night, we might as well get to know each other." He said.

Dark Cacao Sr. hesitated than sighs, knowing that Salted Liquorice has a point. "Dark Cacao Sr. and this is my son, Dark Cacao." He said. Salted Liquorice smiled. "Alright let's go." Dark Cacao Sr. follow Salted Liquorice to his tipi and sat Dark Cacao on a rug. "So, where's the others?" Dark Cacao Sr. asked. "Huh?" Salted Liquorice replied off guard. "The other Licorice Tribe members." Dark Cacao Sr. explains. "Oh. I was exiled because I have a vision that was considered too graphic for the tribe." Salted Liquorice said. "What do you mean?" Dark Cacao Sr. asked. "I used to be a shaman, until I told the Tribe my vision of the Tribe drowning in the licorice seas with only one survivor. And the survivor is the child of the licorice seas." Salted Liquorice explains.

Dark Cacao Sr. sighs deeply while fighting his tears. "Before my friend betrayed me, I had a dream that he did, but I refused to believe it. If I did or killed Vanilla Orchid before he killed my family then..." Before Dark Cacao Sr. could finish, Salted Liquorice put his hand on his in a silent comfort. "Thank you.." He muttered.
~~~~

"Baba!" 3 month old Dark Cacao cheered. Salted Liquorice blushed. "No. I'm not your baba, he's right behind you." Salted Liquorice chuckles as he explains. "Baba!" Dark Cacao repeated, still towards Salted Liquorice. "Looks like he thinks you're also his father." Dark Cacao Sr. chuckled as he scoops up Dark Cacao. Salted Liquorice blush in embarrassment. "Well..I did wanted children when I was younger, but I never did found my soulmate." Salted Liquorice said as he caress Dark Cacao's cheek. Dark Cacao Sr. smiles. "Salted Liquorice?" He asked. "Yeah?" Salted Liquorice replied.

Before Dark Cacao Sr. could say anything, he thought about what Salted Liquorice would say. "N-Nevermind." He said, hiding his blush. Salted Liquorice was puzzle, but then got distracted by Dark Cacao's coos. "Next time." Dark Cacao Sr. thought to himself.
~~~~

"Dark Cacao Sr.! Look!" Salted Liquorice gasped as 10 month old Dark Cacao takes his first steps towards the two friends. Salted Liquorice caught Dark Cacao before he fell down. Salted Liquorice chuckles as Dark Cacao Sr. wrapped his arm around Salted Liquorice's shoulder. "Good thing you caught him." He said. Salted Liquorice shrugs. "What kind of friend would I be if I let him fall in front of you?" He asked. Dark Cacao Sr. nodded in acknowledgment. "Salted Liquorice...I want to tell you that...I'm grateful about you being my friend." Dark Cacao Sr. said. Salted Liquorice smiled. "Aw..You're too sweet." He said. "Maybe next time." Dark Cacao Sr thought to himself.
~~~~