ch 6; homemade chocolates

The weather starts finally getting better, maybe the damn snow will soon thaw away? And leave space for spring, and its beautiful flowers.
At least most of the snow is gone now, and the sun shines brighter where its rays are warm on the body.

Today it's February the 14th, and around four pm when Shadow arrived at the bottom of the stairs to the master emerald.
Knuckles leans happily back on the steps, where he sat with the arms behind the head. And with the eyes closed.
The echidna really enjoys the weather...

Shadow smiles widely when he spotted Knuckles.
Despite it's valentine's day, they haven't decided to do something special. Probably 'Cause they aren't official boyfriends yet... But hopefully they could soon change that detail.
Shadow loves Knuckles, and it really makes him happy that, Knuckles seems liking Mephiles as well...
It's perfect! Maybe he can tell Knuckles the truth, any day soon...
But-... One thing at a time... They have only been dating for a few days now... Let's slow down...

Shadow adjusted the shoulder-bag, and starts walking up through the stairs.
Even though they don't have plans resolved around valentine's day, he still has a small gift for him.
The hedgehog sits gently down next Knuckles who peeks with the eye at him.
Then he closed the eye again, and smiles.
"I didn't thought you would come today... Now, the day became even better..."
Shadow starts blushing while shoving the hand into the bag.
"I ehm-... Have something for you..." he tells him.
Knuckles sits upright, and opened the eyes curiously.
"You-... Do?"
Shadow nods, and takes out a small blue box with a white ribbon around it.
"Here-... They are homemade..." The flushed hedgehog explains while handing the gift over to Knuckles.

The confused echidna grabbed the box, and starts opening the lid.
"Thanks?-..." he starts saying until he saw the heart shaped chocolates.
Knuckles brights happily up, while Shadow looks embarrassed away.
"WOAH!-... Thanks Shadz... You didn't had to... "
Shadow chuckles shyly.
"... Maybe not..." he says, and glances at him while rubbing the hand from the cheek toward the neck and back.
Knuckles keeps smiling widely while looking at the homemade chocolates.
Then he looks asking up at him.
"I'm grateful for the gift-... But how come you made them for me?"
Shadow hums asking.
"... 'Cause I wanted to give you something simple... I mean-... Even though we aren't celebrating valentine's day, I still wanted to give you something... And therefore I made the chocolate" he shrugs.

The red echidna stares confused at him.
"Valentine's day?-... Isn't that on February the 14th?"
Shadow raises an eyebrow, and nods.
"... Yes?"
Knuckles furrows the eyebrows, and looks asking down on the box.
"... Isn't it, like February the 11th today?"
Shadow let's out an unsure laugh.
"No?-... It's the 14th today... If it would be the 11th, I wouldn't even be here..."
Knuckles still looks confused, and not completely convinced.
So, he takes the phone up, and looked at the today's date...
"Woah!-..." he parts the lips in shock.
"...It is really the 14th today..." he says shocked, and puts the phone back in the pocket.
"Of course, it is..." Shadow says, and made a mental note, never get surprised and disappointed if Knuckles forgets to celebrate his birthday.
Knuckles facepalms.
"... Sorry-..." he mumbles behind the hand.

Shadow smiles.
"Don't worry-... I didn't even expected you and I to celebrate the day... I mean-... We haven't been dating long enough, so I would expect those things from you..." he ensures him.
Knuckles sighs, and lowered the hand.
"... I still feel as a shitty person..." he says, and looks guilty down on the gift.
Shadow starts thinking about a solution to the problem.
Then he places a hand on Knuckles' shoulder to get his attention.
Which he gets almost immediately, where Knuckles looks asking at him.
Shadow smiles.
"If you are sorry-... Then you can repay me, by giving me a kiss..." he suggests, and starts slowly leaning toward him and tilting the head up.