ch 8; rainy day

It was February the 28th, and Shadow had arrived at the master emerald like many times before... But, compared to those times, it didn't rained like it does today. And it isn't the little rain... No, it's literally pouring down.
Knuckles must activate the shield around the master emerald, and then running home with Shadow shortly behind.

Despite they were hurrying, their clothes are completely soaked the second they entered the house.
Drops of rains splashed down on the red carpet when they are standing in the hallway with low gasping.
"Gosh-..." Shadow starts saying.
"Where did that rain came from?"
Knuckles nods, and tries peeling the wet coat off himself.
"Y-yeah!-... I can't remember there would be any rain today..." he says and gets the coat of him, where he hangs it up on the hook.
Then Knuckles starts laughing while Shadow starts taking the jacket off.
"If I knew there would be rain, I would have brought sch-..." he starts joking until he noticed Shadow was shivering.
Knuckles exhales, and turns toward Shadow who starts hanging the jacket up.
"Are you cold?"

Shadow grunts surprised, and takes the hand of the jacket the second it was on the hook.
"If I am cold?-..." he asks while trembling from being obviously cold.
Knuckles nods, and puts a hand on Shadow's wet shoulder.
"Yeah-... You are shivering... If you want, you can use my shower and borrow some of my clothes..." he smiles.
".... Even though they might be a slightly too big for you..." he adds chuckling.
Shadow gives him a small smile.
"Thanks-... I might actually want to take up your offer... It wouldn't be good if I catch a cold..."
Knuckles smiles back.
"Great-... And while you are taking a shower, I can cook us something simple" he says while they were taking the wet shoes off.
"Sweet~"

***
Shadow stands in the shower while warm water pours over him. Replacing the cold feeling with a cozy one.
The thought of using same shower products as Knuckles, puts a smile on his lips.
At least now, he would temporarily smell as him. Not only that, he would also use his clothes... Ops-... Talking about clothes-... Knuckles forgot to hand him some, before he got into the shower... What should he do?
It's not like he could put the soaked clothes back on...
Shadow sighs, and understands he must walk out in only the white towel... At least Knuckles didn't forgot to bring him one.

The ebony hedgehog rubs the condition in the quills, and then washed it out with water pouring over him like rain.
Then he turns the water off, and opened the curtain to let the steam out while walking out.

*** Meanwhile in the kitchen***

Knuckles is frying a banana pancake on the cooking pan.
These pancakes are delicious, yet simple to make.
If you want a meal for a single person as snack, you need one banana, two eggs and just a little flour for the 'taste'.
The preparation is easy... You mash the yellow banana, either with or without the peel.
If you wanna be somewhat civil, you could peel the banana and places it in a bowl. Then you use a fork to mash it.
Or-... You could be barbaric as Knuckles, and slam the unpeeled banana on the edge of the counter until it's completely mashed.
Then you peel the banana, and squeeze the mashed banana out into a bowl, and add the eggs and starts stirring them together.
When the batter is stirred, you add a little flour. Like a spoonful or something... How much isn't important. If you want, you could skip the flour completely.

The smiling echidna places the finished pancake on the others.
He was about to add more batter in the pan, when he realized, he had forgot to give Shadow new clothes.
Knuckles facepalms himself, and starts walking toward the bedroom.
"How could I be such an idiot-... I better fix that, before Shadow notices..." he shakes the head at his own mistake.

Knuckles entered the bedroom where the bed almost took up most of the floor.
Despite that, he managed somehow squeeze in a wardrobe next the window, and a nightstand on each side of the bed.
In front the bed, where is a flat TV on the wall.
The echidna walks passed the TV and the bed toward the wardrobe, where its doors couldn't get opened completely.
He takes out a set of clothes, and walks out from the bedroom.