ch 20; Ugh-... Not him!

'

Few weeks later and Shadow is alone at home with the hoglet.
The hedgehog sits on the armchair in the living room with the child in the arm.
He keeps clicking on the remote control where he tries find any movie, or series to start at Netflix. Which he had done the last ten-fifteen minutes where no movie has gotten his interest yet.
He was about to sigh, when the sound of knocking at the front door interrupted him.
Shadow raises an eyebrow. Morbians are usually not visiting him randomly.
Only when he is either dating someone, or inviting the person himself... But randomly?-... That's unusual.

When the visitor knocks again, Shadow let's out an annoyed grunt and stands up from the armchair.
While walking out toward the hallway with Silver in the arm, he puts the remote control down on the coffee table on the way.

Almost immediately he could see something blue, and with peach colored stomach, when he came out to the hallway. Simply 'cause there is a narrow window in the middle of the door.
The dark furred hedgehog rolls the eyes with a low growl. Sonic... Of all morbians he knew-... It had to be Sonic.
If it would been a normal situation, he would only ignore him, and continue with whatever he did.
But-... Since he also know Sonic... He knew the hedgehog wouldn't give up, and would keep knocking, and shouting until he opened the door...

And since he doesn't want Silver wake up, he opened the door with a frown.
At first Sonic jolts where he looks rather surprised.
" Oh?!-... Shadow!-... Y-you are back!" He clears the throat while squirming shyly.
Shadow scoffs.
" And what do YOU want??!" He asks unfriendly. Not in mood with Sonic... Almost not in mood with anyone at all due the lack of sleep from getting disturbed by Silver's loud crying during the night.
The blue hedgehog smiles nervously.
"... Is-... Is Mephiles around?... I-... I wanna talk with H-him..." he stutters with a blush when the eyes fell on the hoglet.
Sonic grunts confused while Shadow raises an eyebrow.
The blue hedgehog let's out a nervous laugh, and points at Silver.
"... What is that?!"
Shadow rolls the eyes.
"... It's a baby-..." he answered in a tune as Sonic was stupid for real.
Sonic gives the other hedgehog a nervous smile.
"... D-don't tell me you stole him... I know you are dark and weird... A typical case of anti-hero in the comics... Unlike me who would be the hero... B-but-... stealing a child!?-... Whoa... That's fucked up!-... And I didn't thought even you, could do such a thing..." he rambles awkwardly.

Shadow grunts in annoyance, and tries staying away from slamming the door in the other's face.
"... Shut up-... Silver is Knuckles', and my son... And I'm not in mood with you... And I warn you... If you start knocking or causing a ruckus where my son wakes up... I will certainly kill you... Do I make myself clear?!" He narrows the eyes at him.
Sonic inhales sharply, and stiffened for a short moment.
Then he shrugs.
"... Fine-... Fine... I will leave you alone... If you tell me where Mephiles is!-... I need to talk with him..." he sighs.

Shadow starts eyeing him curiously.
"... And why do you wanna know where my brother is?" He asks with a skeptical voice.
Sonic blushes.
" I ehm-... I-..." he looks away while scratching the cheek with the index finger.
"... I kinda wanna ask him out-... You know..." he clears the voice.
"... -A date..." he mumbles.

Shadow wides the eyes where the lips slowly get parted.
Did he just heard correct?!-... Sonic wanted to ask Mephiles out on a date?! A DATE!!!???

Since Sonic doesn't gets any respond, he glances shyly at Shadow.
" W-well?-... Where is Mephiles?" He clears the throat, and turns the face toward him.
Shadow jolts, and snapped back to the reality.
"... I-... He isn't here... And forget about him... Aren't you together with Amy?-... I suggest you walk back to her, and leave Mephiles alone..." he growls, and starts closing the door.
Sonic flinches.
" But I-..." he protests, and tries stopping Shadow to close the door, but was too late.
Shadow closed the door, and locks it.

You& me, and our mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें