ch 12; sleepover with Mephiles

It's a long chapter... And it might not be the best since I'm struggling a little with a writing block. :- )

Knuckles is weirdly nervous right now.
He shoves a black bag with a white logo on the long sides of the bag, in the backseats, and closes the door.
The heart pounds swiftly behind the chest.
For the first time ever, he will stay over at someone else's house. Who isn't a relative.
Not only that-... He would stay the night at his boyfriend's-...*boyfriends' house.
Today he would hang out with Mephiles, and tomorrow with Shadow... Simply 'Cause it's an odd-numbered date today. Which means it's Mephiles turn to use the body.

It's April the 3rd today, and around four pm.
So, when Knuckles gets behind the steering wheel in the car, it's still a blue sky with a few white and fluffy clouds.
The echidna swallows hardly, and starts the car, where he starts driving a slightly backwards, before turning the wheel around.
Then he drives down to the small town.

Like always, Knuckles parks the Impala on the side of the road by the house.
He inhales deeply with the hands still on the steering wheel despite he had turned the motor off.
A few seconds later, he takes the seat belt off and gets out from the car, where he also takes the bag out by opening the door to the backseats.
With a typical gym bag in the hand, he walks over to the house. After he looked a bit worried at the locked car. Afraid someone might do something 'funny' with the car in the middle of the night.

At the door with a window in the middle part, he knocks on the wooden part, above the handle.
Compared to the day where he had to wait a long time due Mephiles was in the shower, the hedgehog almost swings the door opened right away.
Even though the other hasn't formed a mouth yet, Knuckles was sure Mephiles was smiling widely. Just a feeling he has. At least he could see the happiness in the green eyes.

Suddenly the excited hedgehog calms himself down. Probably due nervousness.
"... K-knuckles-... About time... You are ehm, welcome in..." he blushes, and moves aside.
The echidna chuckles silently with closed mouth.
Then he starts walking forward where he drops the bag on the floor by the wall to his right side. Next the place where they are hanging the jackets up on hooks.
And while he is taking the jacket off, Mephiles closes the door and locks it.
"T-thanks for I-inviting me..." he says and starts blushing while hanging the jacket up.
He couldn't stop thinking how they would sleep in same bed... But every time that thought popped up in his mind, he keeps reminding himself; it's not even surely they would sleep together...
There is always a possibility he might spend the night on the couch...
And right now while shy, and nervous-... He isn't sure where he would rather spend the night at... But when he starts thinking deeper about it, he thinks he might be disappointed if he ended up on the couch...

Knuckles inhales deeply through the nose and picks up a sweet scent from the house...
The echidna starts sniffing few times to place where he remembers the smell from... Could it be cheese-... And ha-...

Mephiles jolts when he understands what Knuckles was doing.
The hedgehog squirms shyly.
"... I hope you don't mind, I made the dinner earlier today... So, we only need to reheat it later... I-... I didn't wanted to spend our time together at cooking something..." he explains, where the hand rubs behind the ear.

Knuckles shrugs with a smile toward him.
" Don't worry-... I'm sure your food will taste awesome, no matter what... Did you perhaps used ham and cheese?"
Mephiles nods, and lowered the hand.
"Yes-... I made a pie with those ingredients..." he answers.
"...- And also with few other things..." he adds in case that wouldn't be obvious.

Knuckles chuckles, and was amused.
"... That sounds delicious-... So... -What do you wanna do?... I'm honestly a bit unsure what people do with their partners... You and Shadow are my first-.... You know..." he blushes, and clears the throat while fidgeting.
"Same-..." Mephiles sighs, and tries thinking really hard what they could do.
At first Knuckles thought neither of them would know what to do... And they would end up in some kind of awkward silence.
But a few seconds later Mephiles shrugs.
"... But I do know what Shadow would do..."
Knuckles inhales gasping, and a bit hopefully.
"... You do?!"
Mephiles nods.
" Yeah-... He would start a movie-..." he starts telling Knuckles who nods while 'learning how to spend time with your boyfriend'.
"...- And a few minutes into the movie, he or his boyfriend would place a hand on the other's thigh... And a few seconds later, they would start kissing-... A-and-..." Mephiles adds where Knuckles hums nodding in respond.
Suddenly Mephiles realized his mistake, and starts blushing widely where he covered the face with the hands.
"... Gah-... N-never mind T-that... That's too embarrassing..." The flushed hedgehog bursts out.