Ch.8 Secret Thrower

Disclaimer I Do Not Own My Hero Academia

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*2 and half weeks since last chapter*

*Narrator Pov*

Like stated earlier it's been 2 weeks or so since Izuku encountered the past users and unlocked Smokescreen. Since than he's put his vigilante gig to the side since he almost got caught. So for the time being he settled for training instead, mostly just normal body training and quirk training. Also the Sports Festival was coming up so he had a good excuse for everyone. Most of the time he trained with Ochaco at the gym helping her prepare. She would follow his workout method for her body workout and then he would have her lift heavy things with her quirk until she vomited.

The reason Izuku would do this to the girl he loved was because she asked for this. She was beyond determined to do well in this festival since she knew what it meant if she did. It would mean she was one step closer into achieving her dream, she needed this recognition in order to get the perfect internships. Izuku admired the determination and gladly helped her train, he also promised himself he would try his best to make sure she advanced high in the rankings. Izuku on the other hand wasn't that determined to do good in the festival. He knows that this is his moment to get into the hero course but he doesn't even know if he wants to get into the hero course anymore, what's the point he's already doing hero work. What's the point of going to a course that tells him how do something he already does. He just needed to think about it.

Izuku did a slight workout when he was with Ochaco and only used base One for All. However, when he was by himself he truly trained to increase his percentage and master Smokescreen. He also discovered something about Smokescreen due to these experiments, Smokescreen had evolved thanks to One For All stockpile feature, he can make different forms of smoke as long as he knew the way they were made naturally. So far he was able to make steam and icy mist but could still get effected by the smokes he made.

Izuku realized he needed to talk to All Might about his feelings on the Hero Course and Vigilante nights. He knew that this was the whole point of the Vigilante gig, to make sure he was ready for the Sports Festival and earn his spot but like said before he just didn't see the point anymore. He saw it could only bring trouble to him and the community as an whole. If he were to join the Hero Course it would be almost impossible to continue his Vigilante work and he still had so much he wanted to take care of. The two weeks flew by and the day of the Sports Festival finally arrived.

--

Izuku was sitting on a bench in the general ed. locker room with the other students chatting around or looking like they might crap their pants. The General Education and the other courses besides the heroes didn't get their own locker-rooms for each class. They were all just stuck in the same room until they were called out to the field. Izuku looked around to scout his competition and could tell none of them trained for this, they were going get slaughtered by the Hero courses.

The time came and Izuku's course was called out to the arena along with the other courses. The Hero Courses were cheered loudly while almost no-one cheered for the other courses already expecting them to lose early. It didn't bother Izuku as he just stood among the masses of his peers with a determined look as Midnight called Bakugo to the stage for his speech. He didn't even care about Bakugo's cocky promise instead just promising himself that he'll stop as soon as Bakugo was out of this tournament.

Midnight spun a wheel for the first challenge and it stopped on Obstacle Race. "The first challenge will be an Obstacle Race. The rules are simple, stay on the track, get through the three obstacles and no seriously harming any other competitor. If you break any of these rules you will be automatically disqualified. Now go to the starting line, only the top 40 will move on to the next round." Midnight finished the brief explanation allowing the students to line up at the tunnel. Izuku spotted Ochaco near the middle hyping herself and turned to look for him. Their eyes met both understanding what the other wanted, Izuku nodded towards her with Ochaco returning the nod and giving a thumbs up.