Ch.24 Liberation

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*Narrator POV*

Izuku sat in the back of a cargo plane in a dark version of his suit, he had his eyes closed as he leaned back resting his head on the cargo wall. He was heading towards I-Island and so far it had been about 10 hours or so since he left the airport. He unfortunately couldn't tell the girls where he was going exactly but he did say it was a mission. Ochaco gave him a worried look but was able to convince her he was in control this time. 

The mission was pretty simple but at the same time extremely dangerous. The main objective is to liberate I-Island of course. However, they gave him a few side objectives along with it though they were optional in completion. One, bring the device Wolfram is using into custody; destruction of the device is okay; Two, discover the status of David Shield. Simple enough.

While lost in his thoughts a red alarm started to go off making Izuku stand up and begin to stretch out.

Pilot: ETA in 30 seconds. Opening bay doors, prepare for Halo Jump.

A loud alarm blared as the bay doors opened letting out a lot of hair. Izuku fixed his messy hair and stood at the edge of the ramp. He looked down and all he saw was a sea of white, the heads of mountain loads of clouds. With the full moon, the only source of light coloring the clouds in a pearly white.

Pilot: 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Jump.

Izuku leaped out of the plane in a nose dive piercing the blanket of clouds with the wet water hitting his face like pin needles, until he pierced through the veil revealing a dark sea with a singular spot of light, I-Island. Izuku rocketed down even faster breaking the sound barrier with ease as he aimed for a fairly dark portion of the Island. As he got closer he slowed down to avoid detection from any security, however as he glided through the shadows of the city his face grew grim, it looked like utter chaos had swept through the once-prosperous Island.

 Whole buildings were in ruins with red stains all over the streets which didn't take long for Izuku to guess from what. The dozens of bots that were roaming the streets were most likely the security that was taken over. He didn't see anything that showed evidence of civilians or heroes still being alive, however, it was still night.

Izuku was erupted from his thoughts by a loud explosion making him turn around to see a pillar of black smoke. He slipped through the shadows and alleys until he got a vantage point over the epicenter of the explosion. He saw a group of people destroying a group of bots with spears and other crude materials before disappearing into the sewers the moment before a group of armed men and robots arrived.

Izuku: 'A planned attack? Well, there are survivors at least, which means there is most likely a smart leader. Let's follow.'

Izuku found another manhole cover and jumped down, slowly following a path left by the survivors. He eventually found a central network that connected all the tunnels into one large area. In the center were several tents and small buildings with at least a hundred or so people walking around discussing, including the group that just attacked some of the robots.

Izuku hopped down shifting the ground as he landed getting all their attention immediately. He sensed the fear and confusion of all coming from them. They couldn't even raise their weapons as they seemed to have given up, but Izuku just smiled at them with a kind smile.

Izuku: Can I please speak to your leader? I need to know the situation to handle this as fast as possible.

An older girl walked forward making Izuku look at her with an appraising look. She had blonde hair that was very crudely cut short and barely looked blonde anymore from all the dirt. She was wearing a sleeveless jacket with black jeans, her arm full of scars, some burn marks others cuts. A large scar ran through her left eye vertically showing the eye was long gone.