Ch.16 Readjusting

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*Narrator POV*

Izuku huffed and panted as he squatted a literal car in UA's gym. It's been 4 days since his trial and freedom, he hadn't been doing much since then besides pushing himself to reach his old peak of 80%. It also didn't help that every time he got close to reaching it again he would get injured and would have to repeat the process all over again. Examples are his Muscular fight and then almost immediately after the All for One fight. He had regressed considerably due to this as he now held barely 35% of his full power. The past user's quirks helped him kind of bridge the gap in his power but he knew he could be way stronger.

Izuku tossed the car off his back with a thud as he took a drink of water from a canister before moving to a leg press machine that causally loaded itself up to the same weight as an 18-wheeler. Izuku pulled the zipper down of his UA tracksuit as he began a new set of reps while getting lost in his thoughts again.

Speaking of the past users they had been a great help since his imprisonment. Either giving him encouragement or advice/theories on their quirks. Mainly, Nana who always talked to him and gave him support, even though he could tell she was hurting due to Shigaraki. She didn't let it bother her and instead tried to act like a mentor for Izuku. He still worried for her though.

As Izuku reracked the weight the door to the gym opened making Izuku turn and his heart instantly dropped in fear. Nejire had walked in with her hair tied in a high ponytail with her in the UA jumpsuit. Their eyes met immediately with a slightly tense aura around them, those three seconds felt like forever for both of them. Until Nejire just smiled and walked over to him causing Izuku to stand up forcing her to look up with the smile still on her face.

Nejire: Hey, Izuku. How was your break?

This threw Izuku completely off as he was expecting Nejire to start just questioning him like a detective. Yet here she stood acting completely out of character. Acting like he hadn't been gone for almost half a year, that's when it hit Izuku fully on why she wasn't acting like this. She didn't want Izuku to feel pressured after all that happened to him, both the injuries and the trial, so she was treating it like Izuku had barely been gone for a week.

Izuku smiled as he responded.

Izuku: It could have been better, how have you been?

Nejire just sighed as she inspected the gym making sure no one was around.

Nejire: I could have been better if my gym buddy was around, but besides that it was alright.

Izuku just rubbed the back of his head at that comment.

Izuku: Yeah. Sorry about that.

Nejire: I know you are Izuku, you never mean to hurt someone on purpose. Now tell me all about your adventures while we work out!

Nejire beamed brightly as she got on the leg press, ready to push it. Izuku just smiled as he got ready to spot her. So, they talked while they worked out together the same way they had first bonded all those months ago, Izuku truly was grateful for his 3rd-year friend. He also couldn't help but think about the contract he had made every time he looked at Nejire's beautiful smile and joyful laughter, however, he quickly killed those thoughts since he presumed Nejire wouldn't want to be in that type of arrangement. Soon their workout ended and they both promised each other to meet up for lunch before school started again, which was in three days.

--

The next day, Izuku could be seen shirtless in the commons as he had just finished cleaning the dorms, as 'punishment' from Nezu. So, now he was sitting on the couch trying to catch up on the last remaining schoolwork he had missed out on due to prison. As he was writing a wrong answer for a math problem he heard chatter outside the dorm making him look outside.

A Different Wayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें