Ch.33 Consequences

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*Narrator POV*

Izuku stood in the middle of the destroyed Jaku City and just held a blank face of regret. Both of his now broken arms now a sickly purple from the bruising, swayed loosely on his sides as he watched the remaining heroes desperately try to save the civilians. Izuku stood there though unmoving as his friends and lovers desperately helped out in the effort. It was his fault after all, he hesitated and now that monster was loose, any death from now on was on his hands. Izuku stared at Ochaco as she desperately tried to lift a boulder, he closed his eyes, his love cost him the war.

He opened his eyes again, his arms now closely tied to his chest in bandages, he stood in a dark dreary room with a lot of metal cube doors, and in front of him laid someone on a metal gurney with a black tarp covering most of their body leaving only their face. Even though the face was brutalized he could still see the resemblance of his former teacher. The angle backed away showing Izuku in a morgue with hundreds of black tarps on metal gurneys some sticking out of their cubicles most just on the floor. All of them were his fault, he closed his eyes.

*Click*

Izuku opened his eyes and was bombarded with bright flashes as a roar of complaints cascaded onto him. He was in a suit with his arms still in bandages. Next to him were Best Jeanist, Hawks, and Endeavor, all in different states of injury. Izuku refocused on the meeting hearing a reporter tearing into Endeavor about the Dabi scandal, apparently while he was fighting Shigaraki the burnt toast had revealed he was Touya and now that was causing problems.

As Izuku listened to the reporter complain and complain, he stared at her spotless fingers along with every other reporter. Completely spotless fingers, Izuku's fingers curled into a fist as his temper began to flare. The reporter finished her rant staring at Endeavor as he stood up and was about to speak.

Endeavor: I-

Endeavor was interrupted by the table shattering into a dozen pieces, making him turn to the culprit, which was Izuku with a now bleeding hand.

Izuku: All of you shut the hell up.

The crowd of reporters froze as Izuku stared them down with pure malice. He stood up with determination and glanced at Endeavor, signaling him to sit down, which the hero did.

Izuku: How many of you have a callus on your hands or feet?

None of the reporters dared to answer.

Izuku: None of you were there in that chaos. And the ones that did show up after it was over, not a single one of you even lifted a stone. Yet you are quick to point the camera and blame us, the people who put their lives on the line for people like you. No better than parasites.

The reporter that tore into Endeavor spoke up.

Reporter: And so what? Our safety is just as important as anyone else, and you failed us! So many people are dead because of you all failing! If it were-

Izuku: All Might? Is that what you were going to say?

The reporter froze at that.

Izuku: Just like you all forgot about with All Might, you forgot about the rest of us heroes. We are human, we can and will fail. All Might isn't a god and I'm not his second coming. Even then you have a lot of nerve using his name when you side with villains.

The reporter's face dropped at that.

Izuku: A villain claimed he was the son of a hero, a top hero. Provides his DNA test from his own personal doctor who is also a villain. Works with a man who gives quirks out on a whim, including fire quirks. Yet you just take the word of a villain who has an obsessive hatred for Endeavor. So, I did the fact-checking for you, you're welcome by the way.