Ch.25 Stop

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*Narrator Pov*

*1 week since last chapter*

Something's off. Izuku could feel it in the air and it had something to do with Bakugo. Ever since the Kamino incident he had been awfully quiet. Yet Izuku knew it was a matter of time before he exploded and eventually, it came. Izuku was working on some homework in the commons, one of the few things he was still forced to do even though he was a pro hero at this point. That's when Bakugo walked up to him causing Izuku to raise an eyebrow since he didn't know how he got into the 1-B dorms.

Bakugo: Meet me at City Gamma. We are gonna talk one last time.

Bakugo didn't repeat himself and made his way out of the dorm. However, what he didn't expect was Izuku to follow him right away. Not knowing Izuku was on board as soon as he said this was the last time, the sooner Bakugo was finally out of his life the better. He doesn't remember when he started to hate Bakugo more than admire him, maybe it was when he finally got positive support around him, or maybe it was when he decided he would no longer be weak, but he knows now...that he truly hates Bakugo. Soon they arrived at the fake city with them both standing away from each other.

Izuku: Now what do you want, Bakugo?

Bakugo didn't respond right away instead just staring off into the distance before turning to Izuku with a frown, before speaking in a somber tone.

Bakugo: Ever since that night the fall of All Might has been playing in my mind every day, every class, and every night on constant repeat. Him struggling to stop that monster, the pinnacle of strength that I vowed to surpass, failing. Yet right by his side was you trying your hardest to contend among those titans, and where was I? Hiding with the others with my tail between my legs, the reason...I wanted to talk with you for one reason. Fight me, show me why All Might chose you as his successor.

Izuku stared at him with an annoyed look before speaking with clear distaste.

Izuku: Even though I would love to kick your ass, I will decline. I don't owe you anything Bakugo.

Izuku turned to walk away making Bakugo growl clenching his fists in anger. He lunged at Izuku resulting in Izuku sidestepping the explosion and countering with a punch to Bakugo's face launching him back, Bakugo recovered mid-air and released a wave of AP shots that Izuku weaved through. Bakugo raised his arms over his head getting ready to block another punch but Izuku punched his stomach instead crashing him to the ground.

Izuku: I don't know what you thought would happen Bakugo. You know I'm stronger than you, I know that probably hurts your fragile little ego but I'm no longer that little quirkless kid you can take your anger out on. I'm better.

Bakugo coughed from his crater on the floor but just looked to the sky with a sad look.

Bakugo: I know...Dek....Midoriya why did I have to be the one to end All Might? Why did I have to be so weak to get caught by some stupid villains? Now, even the guy that I bullied for so long is stronger than me, yet I'm not angry about it. If anything I'm just frustrated that this is my fate.

Izuku's hateful look softened yet Bakugo continued on.

Bakugo: Where did I go wrong Midoriya? When did I become this piece of shit? When did I lose you as my only true friend?

Izuku looked stunned for a second before he answered honestly.

Izuku: We were never really friends, Bakugo. You were always like this, whether that's the nature you were born with or it was nurtured by this shitty society. That I can't tell you.