one.

WINTER'S FLAME

⎯WINTER'S FLAME

❆❆❆

Lady Marya had been a good friend to the Queen, much like Alicent Hightower, the daughter of the Hand had been to the Princess. But Lady Marya had not been like any other lady, she not only had the blood of the First Men, and the Wolf cursing through her veins, the blood of the Dragon also ran thick through her. Something the Rogue Prince would often remind her off. She had been a young Lady of 22 name days now, and her Valyrian lineage had been as evident as her First Men lineage.

Her hair had been brown, with underneath her hair a thick streak of silver, and her eyes had been mixed, much like the late Alyssa Targaryen, one eye was Lavender and the other had been Stark Grey. It had been a sign of great beauty and a pleasing of the Gods, as the Septon often told her, but Marya didn't believe in the foolish Gods of the South, she believed in the Old ones, the ones from the North.

She often hid the streak, not because she was ashamed but because with the silver streak she was reminded of her connection to the Royal family, and she wanted to make a name for her own.

Marya had been walking around, doing her chores, and preparing a bath for the Queen, she had been near her 6th month and the announcement of the pregnancy would finally be made, as they didn't want to announce a possible heir without solid possibility. And while Marya had been preparing for her bath, she was visited by the Rogue Prince, who spend his time either in exile on Dragonstone or in Flea Bottom.

"Is it true then?" Daemon asked as he leaned against the door, watching Aemma's lady prepare the bath. "What is, my Prince" Marya said as she looked at Daemon. "Is my dear good-sister with child, again?" Daemon asked as he walked closer, his fingers dipping in the burning hot water, but the heat did not bother those of the blood of the dragon much.

"You know I could not possible tell you" Marya said as she emptied the bucket in the bath. "You know you can tell me, who would I tell?" Daemon said as she moved closer to her, almost whispering in her ear. Marya turned around as she looked at the Rogue Prince. "Then perhaps the Council meeting today will be to your liking" she said before she continued her chores.

Prince Daemon had not been fond of anyone in court, especially not the Hightowers, but he had liked Marya Stark, Viserys had always assumed because she was a distant cousin, but there had been some spark to Marya that the Prince admired, and he had cursed his late grandfather for marrying him to his Bronze Bitch, especially now that he has met someone much better. And while Daemon was not known for his respect towards the value of the ladies he bedded, he had respected Marya more than anyone.

Not that she had been as innocent as most thought. She was not foreign to pleasure; she just knew better than to find it in a way that would end with her carrying some knight's bastard. Most of her pleasure came from the knights who came for the tournaments. But none of them had been on her mind whenever she sought those pleasures.