seven.

WINTER'S FLAME

⎯WINTER'S FLAME

❆❆❆

For Prince Aegon's second name day, the King hosted a hunting party to the Kingswood as hosted by the Lannisters. The war on the Stepstones was still raging on, for almost 9 moons now, the only reason Queen Marya knew the exact date was because it had been almost 9 moons was because she was close to her due. Her belly had swollen once again with child, and this time, she always dreamt of a small bundle of joy, her little girl, whenever she imagined her child.

She believed, like she had heard in Targaryen histories, that her child would be a dreamer, a true one like Daenys. She had named the child in her third moon, she had named her unborn babe Helaena, her sweet little girl.

Aegon had been quite possessive of his mother since she had been with child again, the toddler, who had finally reached past his infancy, had not wished to share his mother's attention with someone else, and whenever one of the Court ladies had wished to feel the Queen's belly, trying to predict the child's gender, Aegon had screamed and wailed at them, the same behaviour was seen in Suvie, who growled at anyone who would come too close.

Aegon did not want to sit in his older half-sister's lap when they rode in the carriage towards the Kingswood, as Rhaenyra had been sulking the whole ride towards the Kingswood. While Aegon wanted to stay close to his mother, she had been quite uncomfortable in the carriage as the road had not been smooth, and with every bump Queen Marya groaned.

"Should you be travelling in such condition?" Rhaenyra eventually asked, looking at the Queen and her heavily round belly. "The Maester said that being out in nature would do me well" Marya said, which was quite the lie, the Maester had urged the Queen to stay in bed for the last two weeks of her pregnancy, but the King had insisted the Queen was to come to the hunting party for the celebration of their—her—son. She had not minded a celebration; she had minded it was a hunting party out in the Kingswood hosted by Jason Lannister while her father could have done the job much better.

Rickon Stark and Cregan had travelled down few weeks ago, to be there when Marya would start her labours and for the Prince's second name day, which had been almost 2 months ago, but the King insisted the celebration was this week.

"Well, you will be with your own child sooner than late and make me a proud grandsire" the King said looking at Rhaenyra as she tried to keep an eye out for Aegon as he sat between her and Marya. "It's not so bad" Marya said when she saw Rhaenyra look. "The days are long, but Aegon came quickly" Marya said trying to ease Rhaenyra's mind. "You should ride out with me today" Viserys said looking at his daughter as he tried to pass his cup of wine to Aegon, which Marya immediately shut down by placing her hand over the cup, eyeing the King who quickly let it rest. "Join in the chase" Viserys said pretending nothing happened as Marya held her son's hand.

"I rather not" Rhaenyra said, and Marya had to hold her smile. "Boars squeal like children when they're being slaughtered" Rhaenyra said, and Marya had to agree with her. "I find it discomforting" she said. "It's a hunt, Rhaenyra" the King said, and Marya looked at him, as if Rhaenyra didn't know that. "How would you like to participate?" Marya asked, looking at her stepdaughter. "I am not sure why I must" Rhaenyra replied. Viserys sighed. "Because you are my daughter, the Princess, and you have duties" Viserys explained.