twelve.

WINTER'S FLAME

⎯WINTER'S FLAME

✴︎✴︎✴︎

Eight moons after the wedding, Princess Rhaenyra had given birth for the first time in her life, what would be the first of a few more, as the babe was born sooner than anyone expected, some whispers arose again about the Princess behaviour in the brothels, but the King had threatened each and every one who spoke ill words of the Princess that they would lose their tongue.

This, however, did not stop Prince Daemon, who had been furious after Rhaenyra's behaviour she had not been reprimanded like the King had done to him so often and many times when he was still wed to Lady Rhea Royce. He had also not taken kindly that after finally—to his belief—receiving a son he would not name the son his heir like he wanted to do with the last son Aemma bore. Marya had been mad as well, her marriage to Viserys was nothing if not useless. She could have been publicly wed to Daemon the whole time, announce their children to the court.

But what had shocked court most of all, was when the babe Rhaenyra had borne did not have the same features of either claimant parent. He was given the name Jacaerys, a true Velaryon name, given to him by Lord Corlys, yet the dark tuff on his head did not belong to either parent, neither did his dark brown eyes. They did, however, match his true blood father, Ser Criston Cole, who had been oblivious of the princess condition at the time of the wedding as he was as surprised as every other when the babe looked far more... dare one say... Dornish.

Marya had ignored the babe for now, if this was how Rhaenyra wanted to behave then so be it. It was not her responsibility anymore. On Aegon's name day, however, she felt like she wanted to claw out the very eyes of the Princess who kept praising her own child when everyone was celebrating the young Princeling. Aegon had turned five and he had shown his Uncle Cregan his direwolf, Zobrie, who looked much like his mother's direwolf. Cregan told his sister a new litter of pups had been born in the North which could only mean soon she'd be with child again.

Daemon had proudly smirked at the thought. And Cregan had been correct, because just before the second name day of Prince Jacaerys, she gave birth to her second girl, who she named Visenya. Viserys had been too ill at this point to even do the math in his head to make sure it would be possible for her to bear another child, no one questioned any of her children as each and everyone looked Valyrian.

Visenya had been her second daughter, but as wild as her brother Aemond, and their father, their true father, Prince Daemon. She had the eyes of her mother though, beautiful and shining like the moon in a clear night sky. Like Aemond, no egg hatched in her cradle because the only eggs available were laid by Syrax and Marya had refused to ask the Princess.

"There are plenty of Wild dragons for her and Aemond to claim" Daemon had asked, kissing his wife's cheek as she let her daughter suckle her breast. Aemond had been slowly walking already, with the help of his older brother Aegon who had grown fast, to be 7 name days already. Helaena had started to speak, but whenever she did it was often in riddles which confused both her parents, but Daemon had often proclaimed the Dreamers in House Targaryen spoke like that, and Marya then remembered her own mother who had done the same.