two.

WINTER'S FLAME

⎯WINTER'S FLAME

CHAPTER TWO

❆❆❆

Marya had been where she always was; loyally by her Queen's side, for the last few moons of Aemma's pregnancy she spends helping the Queen in every and any way she needed. Prince Daemon had not yet returned to court, but he had been in King's Landing, visiting Flea Bottom, drinking with his fellow knights from the City Watch. Daemon's head had been mostly buried in his arms as his head would spin with the amount of ale he would consume.

Mysaria had been by the Prince's side, but she had failed to bring him any joy these last few months. Daemon was pondering, thinking about how there was soon a chance he would be replaced by the son of Viserys and Aemma. How he was still stuck to Rhea Royce while he wished to warm his bed with another, not even Mysaria brought him the pleasure and release he was craving.

In the last few weeks of Aemma's pregnancy, Daemon had pulled himself up and returned to the Keep, sneaking in through one of the many secret passageways, watching the servant pass him by, not paying him much attention which to be fair was not a new thing, they often did as he was known to sneak through the walls of the Keep.

He walked into the Throne room, looking at the Iron Throne something he believed he was entitled too, as the Heir of Viserys. "The Guards will have you thrown out if they find you here" a voice said and when Daemon turned around, he saw Marya Stark. "I expected you glued to the Queen's side" Daemon said as he looked at the Lady. "I was looking for a Kingsguard, my Prince" she said as she looked at him. "Why?" he asked. "The Queen needs new scents for her baths, I offered to get it, but I will not venture the streets alone" Marya said. "I could come with you" Daemon said placing one foot forward as he leaned back. "Then who would protect you?" Marya asked and Daemon smiled.

"No one needs to protect me" Daemon said as he looked at the lady, she had a cloak over her shoulders and smiled at the Rogue Prince. "No one needs to protect me either" she said as her giant Direwolf walked over, joining her side. Suvie had been as tall as Marya almost, reaching below her shoulders, with her copper-coloured fur which reminded Daemon of a dying flame.

Marya walked out of the Keep, into the city with her Direwolf close behind her, people getting out of the way when they saw the size of the beast. "Marya!" a small voice rang through and when the Northern lady turned around, she saw her younger brother, Cregan, who had been all but 5 name days. "Cregan!" Marya said smiling at her younger brother and future Lord of Winterfell. Cregan hugged his sister as he reached her, some Stark bannermen closely following behind nodding at the Northern lady. "my Lady" they said as they saw Marya. "What are you doing here?" Cregan asked looking at her as Suvie nudged her nose against the young boy. "I am running an errant for the Queen" Marya said as she smiled at her brother.

The two never grew up together, Marya left Winterfell shortly after her father remarried to Lady Grover. "Will I see you at the tournament tomorrow?" Cregan asked and his sister smiled. "Of course," she said, kissing his head before she returned to the castle.