eighteen.

WINTER'S FLAME

⎯WINTER'S FLAME

✵✵✵

Everyone turned to the one responsible for the uttering of the most deafening words anyone could speak right now to the King. Gasps filled the air as the words travelled to the King's ears as he turned towards them. "You did?" He asked as he received a firm nod. "I did" was the given answer, once again as everyone took a step back when they saw rage in the King's eyes.

Many Maesters who had written about the events on Driftmark, and those who read the words from now to the time of the Iron Throne held by the Usurper Robert Baratheon would know that this had been the turning point for the Dance of Dragons, which in fairness had not been a dance of true dragons, as Rhaenyra's children were barely so, and Marya had been the wolf hiding among the flames.

And everyone knew how much the King loved his daughter, his only true child, but only to the knowledge of everyone else as the King was far too oblivious to see the nature of the other children who he had abandoned for their entire lives.

It had been Marya's eldest son who had hated the King the most, not for his own sake, Daemon was a consistent presence in his life, but he knew Visenya and Daeron, especially when they were younger did not understand the reason why their alleged father did not pay them attention.

It had been enough for the young Prince, with his blood soring with wolf and dragon, blazing through his veins as he held in the laughter when he looked at the rage on the face of the King when someone insulted his grandsons.

But his pride was even swelling more as he looked at the Queen, her eyes nearly glowed the amber colour of her direwolf as she looked at the King, her grey simple dress she had worn ready for bed representing the Northern House of Winterfell as she stared down the King. "I do not lie, and I will not lie" Marya said as she looked at the King. "And I certainly do not tell lies to my children" Marya said as she turned around. She stared down Rhaenyra as she did. "And I will certainly not risk my own life for the scandals of others" she said as Rhaenyra looked down the Queen.

Everyone looked at Rhaenyra, wondering what she would say to the woman, no, the Queen who questioned the legitimacy of her children. "This is a vile accusation, against the heir of the Iron Throne" Rhaenyra said as she looked to the Queen. It was then, Rhaenyra realised the mistake she made as she insulted the Queen.

Because the moment the words left the mouth of the Princess, and the Queen scoffed at her words. "Treason?" the Queen laughed as Prince Daemon walked closer to the Queen, another reason for people to step away as Daemon stared down Rhaenyra. "You accuse the Queen?" Daemon said as the people fell silent, one would be able to hear a pin drop. You could hear the crackling sound of the fireplace, and the low growling of Suvie as the direwolf stared down the Princess of Dragonstone who tried to hold herself tall, but it had all been in vain when the anger of Prince Daemon seeped through his very being as he walked closer, a hand dangerously hovering over the hilt of Dark Sister.