ten

WINTER'S FLAME

⎯WINTER'S FLAME

✧✧✧

Marya wished for Rhaenyra to see freedom, but it seemed her so called Lord Husband, has seen differently.  Rhaenyra had agreed to Marya's plan, to live as permanent lady of Dragonstone as she pleased, as she vowed, she had not lost her maidenhead and would not have to worry about a bastard being born form her womb, but it seemed Viserys had enough of the schemes, of the proposals turned down by Rhaenyra and he decided to choose her husband for her, something Marya did not agree to.

Viserys choose ser Laenor Velaryon, son of the Sea Snake and Lord of Driftmark, Lord Corlys, and a soldier in the last Battle of the Stepstones. As well as a skilled dragonrider like his mother, Princess Rhaenys. Marya knew this was a good match, especially after the insults Viserys had put against House Velaryon when he refused their marriage proposal—although Marya didn't think they were in the right to be mad that the older man refused to wed their ten- and two-name days daughter.

Marya stayed behind with her three young children, and Prince Daemon, as Viserys and Rhaenyra had gone to Driftmark. She had slightly wondered why the rush. "It will be fine, ñuha ābrazȳrys/my wife" Daemon said as he held Helaena and Aegon on his lap, playing with their direwolves. Marya held Aemond in her arms the small pup which her father had planned to gift to Aemond following her around wherever she took Aemond.

"I just wish she would speak to me" Marya said as she looked at Daemon, the past day had been blissful to them, no Viserys to ruin their marital bliss, to their little family. Aegon nearing his fourth name day now and Helaena just past her first name day. Aemond had been a gentle babe of 7 moons old, with yet no dragon egg hatched in his cradle. It had worried Marya slightly as his siblings already found themselves with a dragon by their sides. "It will all be fine, he is a dragon, neither of us had our dragons until later in life, Aemond will have one" Daemon had reassured her.

It had been Daemon who Aemond had been most like. While Aegon looked most like Daemon, it had been Aemond quick tempers whenever he didn't like a maid that reminded Marya most of Daemon. His eyes were much like Marya's, the same shade of purple, like lavender. Heleaena had been much like Marya's own mother, Viserra, and she believed Helaena to also be a dreamer like her own mother had been. The riddles she spoke in, both in the common tongue and Valyrian had made her aware of it first.

There had been a knock on the door to disturb the Queen and her loyal protector and true husband from their conversation to reveal ser Criston Cole. "Your Grace, may I speak with you in private?" Cole asked and Daemon placed the children down. "Anything you wish to say to me, you can say in front of Prince Daemon, ser Criston" Marya said.

Criston looked at the Rogue Prince, as a maid came to take the children away for a moment as Marya saw to her duty. "I had been unfaithful to my vows, my Queen, and I wish to resign from the Kingsguard" Criston said as he ripped off his white cloak and threw down his sword. Daemon laughed slightly, leaning his hands on the hilt of Dark Sister as Marya sent him an angry look to quiet him. "My good ser, if we have to send away every guard who broke a vow, we would have no guards" Daemon said sitting down again as he looked at the night. "My Prince, let the knight explain" Marya said turning to Daemon who immediately held his tongue.