"I love you" <3

James yawned for the third time. Regulus was counting. The class was boring, sure. Regulus already knew everything after potions. But James didn't have a single note written down

James layed his head in his arms, nearly knocking over his ink. His quill, still dry and unused, rolled towards Regulus' paper. Carefully, Regulus scooped it up and set it back on James' side of the table.

James didn't move. The air in the basement was damp, and chilly but Regulus didn't mind.

After a few minutes of listening to Professor Slughorn ramble on, James' soft snores broke into Regulus' thoughts.

"James," he whispered, kicking the boys chair lightly. James didn't stir.
Regulus noticed the shivering of the boy and sighed. Slowly, he slid off his jumper and layed it over James, feeling heat rise to his face.

James mumbles something but didn't raise his head. He just shifted uncomfortably and let out a small whimpering noise, his breathing speeding up.

Regulus couldn't explain his actions. He reached out and began to rub James' back slowly, soothing him back to a steady breathing pattern. 

When Slughorn finally dismissed them, James was still fast asleep. Regulus shook him again softly.

"James," he whispered, "wake up."

James let out a groan.

"James," Regulus groaned frustratedly. Slughorn seemed to notice Regulus' plight and smiled a bit.

"Let him sleep," he called from the front of the room, "he probably needs it. That was the last class for the day anyway."

Regulus nodded in response and Slughorn retreated to his office, closing the classroom door behind him.

Regulus sighed pathetically and sat back down next to James. He adjusted the jumper around James' sleeping form and layed his head down on the desk next to him.

He watched James silently, making tiny observations. The way James' eyelashes fluttered against his cheeks, the way his lips stayed slightly parted. The constellation of freckles across his nose, something Regulus had never noticed before.

A little while passed before James finally stirred and raised his head, blinking rapidly to adjust to the light of the classroom. Regulus set a calming hand on his back.

"Hey," James smiled stupidly, still groggy. He rubbed sleep out of his eyes and noticed Regulus' jumper around him, stretching his grin even wider.

"Morning sunshine," Regulus smiled softly, tousling James' hair.

"Are you cold?"

"I'm alright James," Regulus replied, rejecting his jumper when James tried to give it back.

"How long have I been out?" James asked, straightening up a bit and rolling his shoulders stiffly.

Regulus' hand found its way to the back of James neck, massaging gently. James let out a low moan as the tension was eased from his neck.

"A couple hours," Reg responded softly, kissing James' cheek. "You should be sleeping more at night love."

James murmured affectionately in approval at the pet name. "I'm getting enough sleep Reggie."

"James-"

"I'm alright Reg."

"Let's get you back to bed James, okay?" Reg suggested quietly.

"I have homework-"

"Darling," Regulus said, taking an a more coaxing tone. James folded immidiantly.

"Okay," he sighed, gathering his things with the help of Regulus. Regulus threw an arm over James' shoulders and led him up to his dorm.

"Regulus, I really should get some work done," James protested weakly as Regulus guided him to the bed.

"Mon cherie," Regulus whispered, leaning forward to kiss James' forehead after sitting him down on the bed, "you need to sleep."

"But-"

"James, my love," Regulus whispered, his tone coaxing James into submission. He layed down on the bed, and Regulus crawled in next to him.

"Reg," James groaned but he was giving in. He snuggled closer to Regulus under the blankets, basking in the warmth that emulated off the younger boy.

"Goodnight James," Regulus whispered, pushing the hair off his forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too," James mumbled into Regulus' shirt, yawning again.

In minutes, James drifted back off to sleep, Regulus not far behind him.

(633 words - I was in need of some fluff. Hope it filled y'all's need for fluff too.
-T)