Sleepy Confessions <3

The night was freezing and the Slytherin dorms were the coldest place in the castle. Most of the students slipped on socks or warmer pajamas and sucked it up but Regulus slipped upstairs to the heater that happened to be his boyfriend.

Regulus snuck out of the dorms and the common room, his socked feet padding against the cold floor. He tiptoed up the winding staircases to the Gryffindor common room. He bypassed the painting easily, as the lady was still asleep and letting out soft snores.

Regulus knocked on James' door softly. He knew Peter was a heavy sleeper, and that because of the full moon, Lupin and Sirius would be in the infirmary wing. James, however, was an incredibly light sleeper.

James opened the door after a second, groggily rubbing his eyes. "Reggie? You okay love?" He asked, his voice gruff and sleepy. Regulus felt his face heat up a bit.

"It's cold," he muttered, grumpily pushing past James and crawling into his bed. James sighed and pushed his hair off his face, closing his door again. Regulus was already under the blankets, covers pulled up to his chin.

"Well move over, blanket hog," James muttered, shoving Regulus over roughly. Regulus let out a discontent noise. James hushed him, glancing over at Peter's still form. He didn't stir.

James slid into bed next to his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around the shorter boy tiredly. He didn't mind being woken for this.
He smiled at Regulus' face, studying the way his lashes shadowed his cheeks, the small constellation of freckles on Reg's nose.

A smirk spread across Regulus' face and half a second later, James figured out why.

"Bloody hell Reg! Get your feet off me! Merlin, they're like icicles."

Regulus opened his eyes and kissed James' nose gently before shoving his cold hands up James' shirt.

James glared at him, squirming away from Regulus' cold touch. Regulus huffed and retracted his cold limbs, curling up under the blanket. James pulled Regulus closer, deciding to let him be the little spoon and despite Regulus' constant claims that he was a badass, he melted into the hold James had on him.

Resting his chin on Regulus' head and holding him tight, James slowly drifted back off into a restful and, although he wouldn't admit it, a much warmer sleep.

Regulus woke up with the sun in his eyes. Peter was still snoring loudly and James was too, causing Regulus to grin at himself. James' arm was draped lazily over him. He had pulled his t-shirt off during the night, apparently too warm with Regulus' company.

Regulus rolled over onto his side to face James, taking in his tousled hair and calm expression. He reached out absentmindedly to stroke James' face gently.

A sleepy smile spread over James' face. Reg sighed, cursing himself silently. Like he'd said, James was an incredibly light sleeper. "Morning sunshine," he murmured tiredly, still not opening his eyes.

Regulus just grumbled in response, still looking at James with admiration. He looked so soft and relaxed in the morning sunlight, still half asleep and groggy.

"Someone's grumpy," James remarked quietly, opening his eyes to look at Reg. Regulus blushed instantly under James' gaze, sure that his hair was probably a wreck and his breath was awful.

"Hey," James said suddenly, snapping Regulus' attention back, "get out of your head. You're perfect."

Regulus felt his face get even warmer, and still sleepy, he attempted to bury it under the blankets. James sighed and shifted closer to Regulus, wrapping an arm around him again gently.

Regulus took James' hand, playing with his fingers and James murmured sleepily, barely able to stay awake in the comfortable presence of his boyfriend.

"Mmm, I like the way your hand fits in mine," James murmured softly, smiling. Regulus couldn't help but smile as he clasped James' hand tighter, leaning in again to kiss him.

"Alright sleepyhead," Regulus sighed regretfully, "it's tike to get up."

It was James' turn to grumble, rolling over and hiding his face in the blankets.

"Darling," Regulus whispered, taking on a more coaxing tone. James groaned loudly into the pillow.

"Ten more minutes," he mumbled, rolling over to look at Regulus. Regulus smiled and leaned down, peppering James' face with kisses. James chuckled a bit, allowing Regulus to keep kissing his entire face.

"You have morning breath," James groaned, grabbing Regulus to stop him. Reg grinned in response and James planted a kiss on his nose. Then his chin. Then both his cheeks.

Only James Potter could make Regulus a lovestruck fool. James planted a gentle kiss on Regulus' lips and finally slid out of bed. He headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth, Regulus hot on his heels.

(800 words and I'm not going to lie, it's 3am and I'm too tired to edit. Have some fluff to make up for the tears I caused yesterday. Love you guys <3 Your comments make my day -T)