Chapter 15

I wake up and let my eyes adjust before I glance at my phone. 6:27 pm.

I then notice a series of texts from Matt.

Bernard

Hey

Can you come over

I feel like I've been hit by
a truck full of sickness

Please

Hey I just woke up sorry,
I'll be there soon :)

I instantly get up and put my shoes on and begin walking downstairs.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Can you take me to Matt's house he asked if I can help him with homework" I tell him.

"Homework?" he questions me.

"Yes dad, homework" I roll my eyes.

"Sure" He smiles before he gets up and we walk to the car.

After a long silent drive he tells me to text him when I want picked up and drops me off.

I sigh as I knock on the front door. I'm greeted by the sweet smile of Marylou answering the door.

"Hey sweetie how are you?" She smiles as she wraps me in a hug.

"I'm good, how are you?" I ask.

"I'm wonderful, Matt is upstairs in his room. He must of caught something on the plane ride home, he's really not feeling too good" She frowns.

"Aww alright" I furrow my eyebrows as I begin heading up the stairs.

"Let me know if you need anything" She shouts as I reach Matt's door.

I open the door to reveal him curled up in a ball on his bed just staring into nothingness. I watch as he sits up and his eyes light up as I walk into the room.

"Hey" His deep groggy voice whispers as I shut the door behind me.

"Hey, whats going on?" I ask referring to his sudden sickness.

"I have no fucking clue, I felt fine at school but it started hitting me on the way to the coffee shop" He shugs as I sit down next to him on his bed. "How are you?" He asks me

"I'm okay" I smile.

"Good" He grins. "God it's hot in here, are you hot?" He furrows his brows as he glances at me.

"No I'm alright" I laugh at him.

I watch as he takes his shirt off which catches me off guard for a moment but I chose not to think anything of it because it's completely normal.

"You wanna put a movie on?" He asks me as he hands me the remote.

"Sure" I smile as I instantly go to Disney plus and put of Tangled. Matt and I have been watching Tangled together ever since we met. He didn't like it at first, but all the time I forced him to watch it with me in elementary school paid off because now we can't watch it without being with each other.

"Good choice" He smiles.

It's a sleepy smile.

I cant help but smile back. I feel like I've been ripped open and stuffed with sunshine. I've never really seen a sleepy Matt before. He is always the one who is never tired. I'm the sleepy one. I've never seen him be anything but awake and alert and sharp.

He looks almost lazy right now.

Its adorable.

"Come here" he says, reaching for me. I crawl into his arms and cling to his body. He holds me tight against him.

We watch the first 20 minutes of the movie before I check my phone.

Dad had texted to check up on me a moment ago.

Dad

Hey everything okay?

Yeah, Matt's pretty
sick so I'm gonna stay a little
longer to help him out

Oh no poor kid :(
anything I can do ?

No, I'll be home later

Okay if you or Matt need
anything, let me know
Love you Scarlett

Love you too dad

I look down at Matt, whos breathing had finally evened out. The movies had done it's job. He is resting peacefully.

That's my cue to leave.

Trying not to disturb him, I kept the tv on and slowly rose from the bed. I was just about to go before I felt a hand on my wrist. I look over my shoulder to reveal that Matt's eyes were still closed.

"Stay" he said quietly.

His grip was light, I could break free so easily and he'd probably go right back to sleep. In fact, I wasn't even sure he was awake right now. The world had been little more than a whisper, and with him feeling sick he might not of realized what he was saying.

But I'm not strong enough to leave him.

"Instead, I said "Okay", sent dad a quick text to let him know that I am staying and got back into bed.

I feel him wrap his arms around me again which makes me feel more comforted.

Before I drift off to sleep I feel the soft sound of the door opening.

I open my eyes to reveal Chris sticking his head through the door.

I watch as his eyes widen before he whispers, "Why didn't you tell me you two are together?" He asks me unexpectedly.

"What?!" I whisper completely confused on how he came to that conclusion just my looking at my head laying on his chest.

"I'd have to be blind to miss something like that. I mean just the way he looks at you. It's like the guy has never seen a woman in his life" he sighs.

Matt's eyes fly open.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Chris whispers obviously not noticing that Matt is now fully awake.

"Fuck off Chris" Matt mumbles before shutting his eyes.

Chris' eyes widen as he instantly shuts the door behind him.

I roll my eyes as I force myself to go to sleep.

Authors note
Triple update wtf is wrong with me???