Chapter 30

I frantically text Eriss and Nick if we can do a group face time because I have no idea what the fuck to wear. I have never been on a proper date before and it's stressing me the fuck out.

"HELP ME" I scream at them as they answer the phone.

"God chill the fuck out" Nick puts his hand up to the screen in attempt to block me out.

"Let us see your options" Eriss calmly says.

"I don't have options yet" I shrug as they both roll their eyes.

"Well its relatively warm outside, why don't you wear that denim skirt you have?" Eriss suggests.

"OOOO good idea I forgot I had that honestly" I run to my closet to pull it out. "Okay what about the top?"

"Wear something black, keep it classy" Nick says which makes me think of a shirt I havent worn in literally 3 years.

I pull out a black strapless top that brings back all my memories from sophomore year. Terrible time.

"How do we feel about this?" I say, holding the shirt up to the camera.

"Love it." Is all Eriss says before I finalize my outfit.

"Okay thank you, I'll let you know how it goes" I tell them before hanging up.

I sigh to myself in an attempt to get rid of the nerves as I finish getting ready.

~

I hear a faint knock on the front door which causes me to jump up and rush downstairs. I take a deep breath and fix my hair before I open the door.

There he stands in a black t-shirt with a black jacket and beige corduroy jeans. He wears a chain around his neck which he knows I like. I always compliment him when he wears a chain.

"You checking me out?" He laughs at me as I notice my frozen state.

"What? am I not aloud to?" I shake it off.

"You can do whatever you'd like. You look beautiful by the way" He smiles which causes my facial features to soften.

"Thank you" I turn around to grab my bag from the table behind me before I walk outside and close the door behind me.

We walk up to the car door and before I can even blink Matt runs up ahead and opens the passenger door for me.

"Why thank you kind sir" I jokingly place my hand on my chest.

"You are very welcome my lady" He laughs before he shuts the door.

"Oh am I your lady?" I laugh as he gets in the car.

"You can be if you want" He glares at me before we both burst out laughing.

I plug my phone into aux as he puts the car in drive. "What are we feeling today" I ask referring to the music.

"Whatever you want" He shrugs.

"Hey stop kissing up to me because we're on a date, I know deep down you don't want to listen to speak now by taylor swift" I jokingly push his shoulder.

"No seriously play whatever you want I don't mind" He laughs at me.

"Okay...If you say so" I drag out my words giving him one last chance to change his mind. When he doesn't say anything I smile to myself as I press play on 'Mine'

Fitting song given the situation I'm in right now.

~

Matt pulls up to the train station which causes confusion to grow prominent on my facial expressions.