Chapter 46

"Country roads take me home to the place I belong west virginia-" Chris sings in a terrible country accent.

"Chris I'm gonna need you to shut the fuck up" I glare at him.

Chris has been singing that god awful song for about 14 hours now. We decided our destination is somewhere in the middle of who the fuck knows where.

we pull up to some random ass sketchy motel. Ash goes inside and asks for a room because we can only afford one. we request two rollaway beds before the nice lady gives us room keys.

"chris and nick get the roll aways" Ash laughs as we walk in the room.

"WHAT NO" Nick screeches

"you know nick you gotta start appreciating that nature brought us these rollaway beds and allows us to not have to sleep in the floor. Be more grateful Nick" Chris crosses his arms and shakes his head.

"We're never bringing Chris on a road trip again" Matt rolls his eyes as we set our stuff down.

"He is one with nature" Eriss laughs as Chris happily places his rollaway bed in the corner.

"yeah one with nature and it makes me want to run away and never return" Nick rolls his eyes.

"run away then it would do us all a favour. Maybe we could get some peace and quiet" Ash laughs as he folds his arms.

"Hey ash that's not very zen of you, mother nature is rolling over in her grave right now because of your harshness" Chris looks up at him genuinely offended.

"Yeah if you want anyone to run away right now my pick would be Chris" I add into the conversation.

"I would gladly run away into the crisp abyss of the great outdoors" Chris deeply inhales.

"please do" Eriss puts her hands together

"Country roads take me home to the place I belong west virginia" Chris sings to himself as he lies in bed.

"We're not even in west virginia. we're still in massachusetts" Matt rolls his eyes.

"country roads take me home to the place i belong massachusetts" Chris sings the same melody with the lyric change

"I'm leaving" I roll my eyes feeling the need to escape Chris.

"Kid needs to un-connect with nature" Nick scoffs.

~

@scarlettpeters