Chapter 33

I walk in my front door with Ethan as I'm greeted with my beloved mother standing in the middle of the living room with folded arms and a pissed off look on her face.

"Where were you today?" She asks me in a serious tone.

Oh shit.

"School? Why?" I tell her as if she is oblivious.

"Don't lie to me Scarlett Peters" She rolls her eyes at my lies.

"Wow mom the full government name? What do you think I did?" I fold my arms and stare at her. Ethan stands awkwardly by my side, clearly not wanting to be apart of this. That's what he gets for moving here, he's gotta get used to my moms crazy behaviour.

"I think you skipped school to go hangout with your boyfriend" She sighs at me.

"Wow, first of all he isnt my boyfriend. Second of all Ethan and Chris were there too" I groan at her claims.

"So you did skip school?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"Yes mom I skipped school, ground my I don't care" I slightly raise my voice at her.

"Don't use that tone with me" She aggressively points at me.

"Hey, it wasn't her idea. It was mine. I asked Scarlett if we could spend the day together since it's been so long since we've seen each other so if you're going to get mad at anybody then get mad at me" Ethan speaks up and takes the blame for me.

"That's sweet of you Ethan but did you really think Scarlett missing school was the smartest decision"

"No mamn" Ethan glances at the ground.

"I don't understand that if you two wanted a day out together why Matt and Chris were there? Do I need to call Marylou?" My mom looks confused.

"NO! I mean, no please don't call Marylou" I clear my throat, covering for Matt and Chris.

"if this happens again I will with no hesitation" she warns me. "as for now i don't want you leaving the house unless it's for school, no seeing friends for two weeks and if i find out you are there will be way worse consequences, you hear me Scarlett?"

"Yes mom" I glance at the floor giving in.

"go to your room" she glares at me as i begin making my way to the stairs.

my mom has always had a way with manipulation. she makes you believe that what you've done is terrible and unacceptable even if it's really not. it's been that way since i could talk.

I close my bedroom door behind me and pull out my phone.

~

bernard

SOS
SOS
SOS
MY MOM FOUND OUT I SKIPPED
SEND HELP

WHAT?
FUCK

FUCK
..read

~

After about 20 minutes of basically staring at the ceiling I hear a knock at my window. My window. What the fuck?!

I open my blinds and almost die of a heart attack when I see Matt sitting on my roof outside my window. He laughs at me as I open the window.

"What the fuck are you doing?" You're going to hurt yourself" I stand there dumbfounded that he was able to climb onto my roof.

"I wanted to see you" He smiles at me.

"Come inside you crazy person" I grab his hands and help him step inside through my window.

"God what the hell happened?"

"My mom like exploded and ethan took the blame for me and then she found out you and chris were there and she was all like 'do I need to call Marylou' and I was like NO MOM YOU DON'T and then she grounded me for 2 weeks" I explain.

"What the fuck?" He says dumbfounded by my mom's behavior.

"That's what I'm saying" I laugh. "Crazy woman she is"

"That indeed"

All of a sudden we hear a knock at my bedroom door this time. Before we can act on hiding Matt the door opens and the panic end when Granny sue walks in the room.

"Oh why hello Matthew" She smiles at the sight of him.

"Hey Granny Sue" He scratches the back of his neck.

"Don't worry I won't tell your mother Scarlett" She winks at me which causes me to let out a small laugh.

"I've just come in to say my goodbyes. My flight is in a couple hours and your father is taking me to the airport" She frowns a little at the thought of goodbye.

"Aww no don't leave, stay here forever" I get up to give her a hug.

"I wish I could but I have cats to attend to back home" She laughs. "I'm going to miss you sweetheart" She grabs my face and slightly shakes my head like she used to when I was a kid.

"I'm going to miss you too grandma, when will I see you again?" I ask her.

"Very soon my dear" She smiles as she looks behind me.

"Are you going to say goodbye Matthew?" She laughs at Matt standing behind me.

"Of corse" He laughs as he walks up to her and gives her a hug. I smile to myself at the sight of them.

"Have Christopher face time me later okay" She laughs as they pull away from eachother.

"You gave Chris your number Grandma? Oh my god" I laugh as I shake my head.

"Of corse I did, He's my favorite grandkid" She laughs. "Okay well I have to get going I'll see you two very soon, I expect updates Scarlett" She points at me with a smile and a wave before closing my bedroom door behind her.

"Updates?" Matt turns and asks me.

"Ignore it" I smile.

authors note
short chapter, apologies
the next chapter will be super fun though

moment of silence for granny sue exit pt. 2
don't be thinking i'm gonna kill her off again
she's too iconic to die so soon