Chapter 27

The bell declaring the end of English class finally rings.

I spent the whole class avoiding specific questions from Eriss and Ash that could give away what I've been trying to hide until study hall so Matt and I can tell them together.

Hardest thing ever.

Eriss won't stop until she gets the answer she wants. Question after question for a whole hour is dreadful when you're keeping information from her.

I get to study hall as fast as I can with Eriss and Ash quickly following behind me still eager to know what I'm hiding.

We walk in the library doors and a wave of relief washes over me at the sight of the triplets already at our spot. Now Eriss and Ash can bother them instead.

"Oh my god help me" I run up to them to escape the constant questions.

"What's wrong?" Matt questions as he wraps me in a tight embrace of comfort.

"I've been the main subject of an intense investigation for an hour straight" I roll my eyes as we sit down.

Nick flashes me a knowing smile as I sit down in between Matt's legs with my back against his chest. I grab his hands and wrap them around my body for comfort. I begin to spin the ring thats sitting delicately on his finger as I wait for the questions to start up again.

"What the fuck is going on?" Eriss asks with her jaw slightly open as if she's starstruck.

"Good question" Chris smiles as he folds his hands together and smiles waiting for Matt and I to continue.

"Are you two fucking around or something?" Ash asks getting straight to the point.

"Not exactly" Matt shrugs as I feel his arms wrap tighter around me.

I can't help but smile at how easy it is for him to admit it. This is all very new but it feels so right.

"So you are fucking around? You didn't say no?" Eriss raises her eyebrow at us as Nick and Chris sit there in amusement.

"Do you guys like eachother, like more than friends?" Ash asks. I can't help but smile a bit which obviously gives them the answer they want. I watch their facial expressions change which we all can't help but laugh about.

"I fucking called it" Eriss claps her hands togehter with a wide smile.

"Did you know?" Ashs points to Nick wanting to know if he was the last one to know.

"You're the last one to find out Ash, I found out yesterday" Nick laughs, confirming his thoughts.

"Fuck off" He shakes his hea din disbeleif.

"We're just better like that Eriss" Chris grins as he points his finger at her and nots his head.

"We're the OG's" Eriss laughs at Chris.

"Nothings official yet" I inform them so they don't hold their hopes too high.

"We're just trying it out, like a trial run" Matt laughs in agreement.

"Ugh just date already" Nick rolls his eyes.

"Don't get ahead of yourself Nicolas" I laugh at him.

~

10 years ago

I pull at all my fingers as my mom and I walk into the front doors of my new school in a new city with new people and new teachers.

I'm afraid of change.

"Why hello you must be our new student Scarlett, it's lovely to meet you" A shrivled up woman sitting at the front desk greets us as we walk in the doors.