Chapter 45

Matt's POV

Thanksgiving break. Thank god. Or jesus? Or the pilgrims? I don't really know. Every American holiday is pretty much the same thing.

We planned really last minute that we are gonna do a group road trip for the first three days of break. It was mainly Eriss' idea because she didn't want to spend her break going to the same places we always go to.

We don't know where we're going but we're going somewhere and we'll have a great time doing it. Ash got his license a few weeks ago so I don't have to do all the driving which I am very incredibly  grateful for. I mean out of everyone I expected to get their license next I did not think It would be Ash. He hasn't driven with us in the car yet so it is really safe to say that I am terrified. And when I say terrified I mean down right scared shitless.

"Are we there yet?" Chris mumbles as we finish packing up the car with out shit along with food and water.

"We haven't even left yet Chris" Scarlett rolls her eyes at him as we close the trunk and gin getting in the car.

"My ass already hurts" Chris mumbles as soon as I put the car in drive.

"Chris you need to quit the complaining right now before I make Matt pull over and leave you on the side of the road" Nick aggressively points a finger at him.

"We'll it would be pretty easy to find my way home since we just left" Chris shrugs.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP" Scarlett yells at him.

I roll my eyes at them as I turn into Eriss' driveway. I open the trunk for her to put her bags back there before she walks around to get in the car. "Hey party bitches" She smiles as Nick lets her in the back row.

"Hey pookie" Scarlett wiggles her finger at her the way girls do instead of waving at each other.

I drive down the street until we reach Ash's house. I repeat the same steps by letting him put his bags in the back before he opens the side door, before Nick can get out to let him in the back row with Eriss, he steps in the car and launches himself over the seat between Nick and Scar.

"Hey girlies" He smiles as he sits up properly in his seat.

"Hey queen" Chris blows him a kiss.

"Chris give me the aux cord" Scarlett aggressively taps his shoulder.

"Fuck no" Chris turns around to look at her like she's crazy.

"Uh yes. We agreed I would have aux like 4 days ago when we made the plan to go on this road trip" Scar pries.

"Um okay? And?" Chris rolls his eyes as he goes to plug his phone in. Before he can do it, Scar reaches forward and grabs the cord from him. "What the fuck?"

She plugs her phone in as he looks at her in disbelief.

"Chris we literally made a shared playlist so there would be no arguing" Nick rolls his eyes at him.

Scar presses shuffle on our playlist. We named it "road to nowhere" and we made it fun, we are only allowed to skip 5 songs the whole time. We added a bunch of random ass songs stretching as far as Jojo Siwa to the Moana soundtrack.

It's pretty genius.

~

We're about an hour in. We have no end destination. But something about just being trapped in a car with your friends is the most irritating and fun thing at the same time.

Mom is making us text her hourly updates, so far it's filled with Chris complaining on and on and on and on. It's got to the point where she had to send Chris a typical mom paragraph telling him to knock it off.