Chapter 35

I sigh of relief as the warm air hits my face as Eriss and I walk into CVS. It's pissing down rain outside and we had no option but to walk here. We walk further into the store heading straight for the snack isle.

"We really need to get our license" I laugh as we turn the corner into the snack isle.

"Oh my god tell me about it" Eriss sighs as she wipes the rain off her face.

I ring out my hair, letting the rain fall from my hair into the musty CVS carpet as Eriss begins picking out snacks.

"Eriss I know we wanted a girls movie night or whatever but why are we picking out snacks if we don't even know what movie we are watching" I laugh at her as her arms are already full of snacks.

"We are watching horton hears a who" She glares at me.

"Why though?" I ask genuinely confused on why she wants to watch that movie so bad.

"Good question, I don't really know I just have the sudden urge to watch that movie" She laughs at herself. I pay attention to her laughter dying down and watch as her eyes trail to something behind me.

Theres a moment of silence as I stand there confused before I hear a voice which causes all my movements to freeze.

"Scarlett?" I hear a sharp voice call my name that I never thought I would hear again.

I slowly turn around with a questionable smile on my face. "Hey Landon".

"It's been so long since I've seen you, how have you been?" He smiles as he steps closer to me.

Fighting the urge to take a step back I questionably answer him "Why are you here I thought you live in LA" I ask him, completely avoiding his question. I know Eriss is having the time of her life behind me right now.

"I do but I'm here to visit my dying uncle I've never met before" He shrugs.

"Oh shit I'm sorry" I sigh. Honestly I forgot this guy existed until this very moment.

"Yea, so how have you been?" He asks that damn question again.

"I've been good" I give him a boring answer because this is a boring conversation.

"That's good, hey if you're not busy maybe we could hang out and catch up" He scratches the back of his neck.

Not a chance I'm hanging out with him.

"Um I'm kind of seeing someone so I think that would be kinda weird if we hung out alone" I blow him off in the nicest way possible.

"Oh, okay. Why don't you bring your friend here then?" He asks, obviously desperate to hang out with me.

I hear Eriss let out a loud laugh behind me, not even trying to be subtle. "No thanks" She laughs at his offer which causes him to glance at the ground.

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you around later" He shrugs before waving us goodbye.

"What the fuck." I turn around to face Eriss.

"Bro is down bad for you" She holds in her laugh.

"I've literally only seen him twice ever in my life. I've talked to him for like a total of 10 minutes" I roll my eyes as we begin walking to check out.

"Best 10 minutes of his life" She laughs at me.

Fuck my life.

~

"That's such a beautiful movie" Eriss wipes her fake tears as the end credits of horton hears a who starts rolling.

"Oh my fucking god" I roll my eyes at her as I glance at my phone. A text from Matt takes over my notification page as I glance at Eriss.