Injured But ... Now Shall I Die?

Judges 15:12 And they said unto him, we are come down to bind thee that we may deliver thee into the hand of the Philistines. And Samson said unto them; swear unto me, that ye will not fall upon me yourselves.

The word of God says, that three thousand men of
Judah came to the top of the place where Samson
was dwelling and had a conversation with him.
In essence they said we have come to get you and
take you to the Philistines. Samson did not want
to fight with his own people, but he was causing
them problems, so they felt they were ready to
turn him in. They came to bind, to tie him and
hold him with restraints for they feared his power.
I want you to know that Satan fears your power.
He knows what power you possess. The problem
is that most of us don't know the power or that
which has been endowed to us through the Holy
Spirit.

Judges 15:13 And they spake unto him, saying, no; but we will bind thee fast, and deliver thee into their hand: but surely we will not kill thee. And they bound him with two new cords, and brought him up from the rock.

They needed to take him fast; I was thinking that
to delay may have meant their chances to take
him would grow slimmer with time. They had
seen Samson at work and knew his potential. So
they took brand new cords to tie him up. They
probably didn't trust the strength of used cords,
so they were making sure that he would not be
able to break these bonds.

Judges 15:14 And when he came unto Lehi, the Philistines shouted against him: and the spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and the cords that were upon his arms became as flax that was burnt with fire, and his bands loosed from off his hands.

Your enemies you can be sure will
always shout out against you.

You see it didn't make any difference that they had used new cords, for the word of God says those same cords became as flax that was burned. The power of God came upon Samson so mightily that he literally had a physical manifestation happen to the bondages that were to restrain him from moving.

Can you imagine if we who walk under a better covenant were to yield to the power of the Holy Spirit what type of manifestations we would see operating in our lives? The yielding would cause us to become an instrument to be used by God.

Our bondages and challenges would fall by the wayside and we would be loosed to do the will of God.

Judges 15:15 And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men with it.

Judges 15:16 And Samson said, "With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men."

"With this jaw bone I have killed piles and piles of Philistines, even a thousand." Samson didn't even need a gun or a tool of war.
But only the spirit of God to do the work

Judges 15:17 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking, that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Ramathlehi.

Judges 15:18 And he was sore athirst, and called on the Lord, and said, You hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant; and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised or the unclean?

When he knew the fight was over he tossed that jawbone away. I'm sure he felt, oh well I don't need this any longer. He was thankful for you see he wanted to remember what had transpired at that location. He named that place after the victory.

We find however that God, Samson's provider had made provisions for him, before he was provoked.

Judges 15:19 But God clave (which means he dug out) a hollow place that was in the jaw, and there came water there out; and when he had drunk, his spirit came again, and he revived: wherefore he called the name thereof Enhakkor'e, which is in Lehi unto this day.