The Wake Zone No Time For Sleep

Satan will lull you to sleep. We must train ourselves to remain awake during critical times.
We see Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. At the saddest and most vulnerable time in his life, his friends and close companions just could not stay awake for him. So we deduce from this the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

"Watch with me," asked Jesus. Surely, you all can watch with me? "Pray that you enter not into temptation" certainly, we want to pray. Jesus went away again and returned and found them sleep again for their eyes were heavy.

Luke 22:45 says, he found them sleeping for sorrow How many in the body of Christ are sleeping for sorrow?
Sorrow of life, sorrow of death, in sorrow and in despair.
Many people sleep right through critical times in their lives.

We are guilty of sleeping through our training seasons. Sometimes we sleep through our
entire life. This is a trick of the wicked one. Mythology refers to Satan in some cultures
as Father Time. He is the thief of our time. So that we often awake after we are no more good to ourselves or have much left to offer in the service of our King. We certainly are not ready to pick up our swords and begin to fight.
I Thess. 5:6-7 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; But let us watch and be sober.
For they that sleep, sleep in the night; and
they that are drunken are drunken in the night.

There needs to be something in you to wake you up.
Philippians 1:16 Being confident of this very thing that He which hath begun a good work in you
Will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Having confidence or being set and secure in Jesus, knowing what is his good and acceptable will. The Holy Spirit will work in us until the rapture.

Is God working in you?
Romans 13:11 And knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep, for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. Our salvation means our deliverance or our preservation.
13:12 the night is far spent
It is almost midnight 11:59 p.m.
One minute before midnight
Time is running out on us to do the work and the will of the Lord.
II Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come
In the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts.
3:4 and saying, where is the promise of his
Coming? For since the fathers fell asleep,
All things continue as they were from
the beginning of creation.
3:5 for they are willingly ignorant,
Are you being willingly ignorant? Or are you being diligent in the word of the Lord?
Are you searching and seeking to know God's will?
3:9 the Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness, but is long suffering to us ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
3:10 but the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.
Many shall be found asleep.
3:14 be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace without spot and blameless.
God is longsuffering, not slack, but pleading with man to become sorry for their sins and to repent. God loves even the lowest in sin. God has no respecter of persons. He wants all of mankind to be with him.
We need to gather the broken ones the wounded soldiers. Do not let them die on the battle front. The sad thing is that some of us are doing the killing.
As long as there is a sense of inferiority there is no sense of authority. We become powerless. Satan makes you immobile through his attacks. God can take a person who feels like a worm of dust weak, unworthy and incompetent and through revelation of the grace of God change them into a mighty deliverer.

God who looks at the heart judges well his servants. He searches the innermost being of an individual. If you are in self pity, shame, or confusion just call on the Lord to purify your heart and soul. He will do it for you, only believe. We look to him as the author
and finisher of our faith.

What are you seeking for?
Daniel 10:3 Daniel was mourning, fasting and praying, "He ate no pleasant bread." For three weeks he prayed, Daniel was searching for understanding of the things God had given him when an angel appeared.
Daniel 10:11 And he said unto me, o' Daniel a man greatly Beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
Are you worthy to be visited by an angel?

Are you operating in his will?

Are you searching for understanding?
Daniel 10:12 Then said he unto me, fear not Daniel: for from the first day that thou did set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
The angel Gabriel goes on to tell how the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me.
This was not a mere man here withstanding God's angel; but a demonic force, the Prince of the Powers of the Air. The word said the mighty archangel Michael came to help Gabriel. I want you to know that the Lord will not leave us helpless either. He will always send even us an answer.
Daniel 10:19 and said, o man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said; let my Lord speak for thou hast strengthened me.
God is not slack concerning his promise towards us. He promises to perform a good work in us.

What is the work?
St. John 6:28 then said they unto him, what shall we do, that we might work the Works of God?
6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, this is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

We are getting prepared for service when Jesus comes to rule. In the kingdom we
will be working with Jesus to see that righteousness becomes the law of the land.

Like a sleeping giant rousing itself out of a deep sleep, the True church, the body of Christ is awakening.
The American tract society wrote a tract years ago that said,
A church fast asleep on a pillow of false security, that the end of the age is falling.
"Having a form of godliness,
But denying the power thereof",
Forgetting her great commission
She has settled down to a routine
of form and ceremony
that has robbed her of her vision
And zeal to preach the gospel of salvation
to all the world,
that the Lord may soon return
unless there is a renewed revival
of obedience in the church,
multitudes of professing
Believers are in great danger
of being found
sleeping when Christ comes.

Sometimes sleep refers to one being indifferent, careless and unfaithful. Often times it refers to the backslidden. We have warnings in the word of God that we go not back into sin.
As Jesus said, we must awake and pray that we too do not enter into temptation and trials. In order to escape we need to watch, be always alert and live godly in Christ. We cannot permit self to be overthrown by temptation.
We must be sober and in right standing and have a sound mind no intoxicants, no strong drink living soberly and righteously. It was counted at one time to be a disgrace even among the heathen to be drunken in the day. Hence we have the admonition to live as children of light and of the day. I Thess. 5:5-8 we are to be sober and watch.

Stay in the wake zone.