Better Than Him PT. 2 (SMUT)

I had never had so much fun by just standing in the gorilla, my legs shaking, heels tapping against the floor. The excitement inside of me was building up more and more by the second. 

Tonight, was the night and I was sick of waiting, my patience decreasing more and more as timed passed by. There was about three minutes till Max's segment and I almost always met up with Wardlow while in the gorilla.

I heard footsteps, a smile on my face as I automatically assumed it was Wardlow, but that smile quickly left my face once I saw that it was Max.

"Wow, you look so excited to see me," Max scoffed, rolling his eyes at me.

I just remained silent for the moment, my attitude ready to jump out after him, but Max actually took me by surprise as he said to me:

"Look, I know things have been differently lately, but we all go through rough patches, right? They don't last forever, baby."

Again, I stayed silent, not moving as Max stroked my cheek. Finally, I said something, looking to see Wardlow in the corner of my eye, sighing:

"Yeah, things change."

For a brief moment, Max stared deeply into my eyes and I couldn't help but smile. I couldn't even remember the last time I actually gave Max a true, meaningful smile. This smile was no ordinary smile though. Max had no idea what the motivation behind it truly was.

Like usual, Max completely disregarded it, quickly snapping back into the asshole that he truly was deep down inside once he heard the beginning of his theme. Max wouldn't allow Wardlow or I enter with him, so while he made his way, Wardlow took my hand, giving me a small kiss.

"Ladies first," Wardlow smirked, letting me walk up the steps before him.

It was insane how clueless everyone was, the devilish smile unable to leave my face as I made my way out to the ring with Wardlow following me. I didn't know how people couldn't tell that something was up just by my body language, the way I was staring and smiling at Wardlow as he sat on the ropes for me.

Of course, it didn't take long for Max to open his mouth whenever he got a microphone, blabbing out:

"Tonight, is a special night, ladies and gentlemen," Max smirked, "Not only have I beat the 'best' wrestlers that this company has to offer, I am now, the longest reigning champion in AEW history!"

His cockiness was just ridiculous, his ego always getting the better of him as he basically wanted a standing ovation or something, but little did he know, he was in for a very rude awakening.

"I am the best champion that the wrestling industry has ever seen and no one can beat me! Not one damn-"

The crowd gasped so loudly, it was hard not to laugh truthfully, confusion and anger being expressed with the look Max shot at me while I snatched the microphone from him.

"Now Maxwell, honey," I smirked, almost pained by calling him honey, but my attitude kicking in as I continued, "Don't get me wrong, you have had an incredible run as AEW World Champion, but there's something that I have to tell you, tell the whole world actually." 

"Y/N, what the hell are you talking about?" Max scoffed, his anger spiking as he was turning red.

"You said that no one could beat you, but that's where you're wrong," I smiled, everyone becoming silent as Max yelled to me:

"You are my girlfriend! You are supposed to be on my side! What the actual fuck are you doing? I want to know right now!"

I let Max be angry, taking a set of papers from Wardlow, Max still rambling, until I cleared my throat.