Something Special

"Hey Jess, uh, I thought this was supposed to be a double date?" Sammy whispered to my best friend Jess, curious as he looked to see me, sitting on the hood of my car. 

"It is a double date! Now shush while I get all of our tickets!" Jess sighed, at the stand getting tickets for the fair we were going to. 

"Oh my god," Sammy whispered, quickly turning to Jess. 

"What now Sammy?" Jess chuckled, seeing how surprised he was. 

"Y/N is with Wardlow?" Sammy gasped, pointing over to see Wardlow approaching me at my car. 

I don't think I had been so happy and excited like how I was at that moment, standing up straight with a bright smile on my face as Wardlow approached me, a smile on his face as well. 

"Hey you," Wardlow smiled, giving me a hug.

"Ready to have some fun!?" I smiled, returning his hug, getting on my tiptoes because of how tall he is. 

"Any time with you is a fun time," Wardlow smirked as he pulled away, his head turning to see Sammy and Jess. 

"Sammy G is Jess's date?" Wardlow chuckled and I chuckled along with him, saying:

"They're actually super cute together! We'll all have a fun time."

"For sure," Wardlow agreed, taking my hand as we made our way to Jess and Sammy. 

"Wardlow, my man!" Sammy smiled, giving Wardlow a fist bump as we approached them. 

"Hey you two!" Jess smiled brightly, "I hope you're ready for a fun day. We all have unlimited access!!"

"Awesome!" I smiled, taking the wrist bands we had to wear. 

"Alright! Let's go have some fun!" Sammy cheered, taking Jess's hand as we made our way into the fair. 

Fun is exactly what we had and I was having the best day ever. Not only did we go on just about every single ride there was, we took the time to get some food, funnel cake being the one thing I looked forward to most. 

Wardlow showed off his skills as we all hit up the mini games, Wardlow winning like crazy when it came to the game where you knock down the pins with a ball. 

I wish I had the skill because I couldn't win at all, meanwhile Wardlow was winning, working his way up to the largest stuffed animal they had. 

"Here's you prize!" The worker smirked, handing Wardlow a giant stuffed shark that he won. 

"Thanks, but it's not my prize," Wardlow explained, smirking at me. 

That second I knew, smiling as Wardlow handed me the stuffed animal that was almost as big as me. 

"Omg you won one too!" I heard from behind, seeing Jess and Sammy with a giant panda. 

"Of course you had to get the panda!" I laughed, Sammy scoffing at me:

"Well duh. Panda fam!! It's not dead."

"It's getting late," Jess yawned, all of us looking out into the night sky, "How about we all get some ice cream and head on the Ferris wheel?"

"Sounds like a plan," Wardlow smirked, taking my hand as we went to the ice cream stand. 

I just got a plain vanilla cone, Jess and Sammy leading us to the Ferris Wheel, my timid eyes staring up to its huge stature as we got closer and closer, the line not very long. 

"Hey," Wardlow sighed, squeezing my hand a little, "You okay?"

"I'm just a little scared of heights," I whispered, still looking up to the giant wheel. 

"It's alright," Wardlow assured, "Ferris wheels are fun. Have you ever been on one before?"

Quickly, I shook my head no, Wardlow chuckling a little as he look some of his ice cream, very comforting as he said:

"My first time being on a Ferris Wheel, I was nervous myself, but they are actually so much fun."

"Okay," I sighed, not as afraid, Wardlow being very comforting as he walked me up to our seat on the wheel, our shark sitting next to me. 

"And if it helps," Wardlow smiled as he sat down at my other side, wrapping his arm around me, "I'll keep you nice and close."

I could feel my cheeks getting hot as I smiled, butterflies in my stomach as the latch for our seat locked and we began to head up slowly. 

Wardlow was definitely right, the Ferris wheel was no where near as bad as I thought and being in his arms made it so much better. 

The moon was so big and bright in the night sky, sweet music playing as all the colorful lights from the fair lit up everything around us. The warm summer wind relaxing me even more. 

"See? Not bad at all, is it?" Wardlow smiled as the wheel moved slowly, reaching the its peak. 

"You were so right," I nodded, smiling as I looked out into the beautiful scenery, "It is fun and everything out here is just so beautiful."

"It is," Wardlow agreed, "But not as beautiful as you."

"Aww stop it," I blushed, having to look away for a moment. 

"It's true," Wardlow assured, taking my other hand, my attention being given to him full as I found his gaze, "I'm going to be truthful here. I have always been selfish. My life has always been about me but when you stepped in, that changed."

As Wardlow began, my heart began to race, listening carefully as he added: 

"I can't help but have these heartfelt emotions when it comes to you and I was wondering if you wanted to give me a chance and be my girlfriend."

I thought I was going to fall over from all of the emotion I was feeling, but I was smiling, nodding my head as I said, "I'd be more than happy to be your girlfriend, Wardlow."

My answer made him smile brightly too, I don't think I've ever seen him smile like he did in that moment. Then he about made my heart stop, his arm around me pulling me closer as we got to the very top of the Ferris wheel. 

His lips were so warm and soft as they met mine, making it feel like I was filled with warm sunlight, my hand naturally caressing his cheek, scruffing his beard as our kissed deepened, his arms keeping me in his sweet embrace. 

"I always knew there was something especially about you," Wardlow whispered as our lips parted, his nose nuzzling mine. 

Wardlow made my whole day perfect, my night and even more perfect, loving his embrace as I cuddled up to his chest, smiling, "And I can say the same about you."