Love Me Like You Do

It fucking hurts!" Laena narrowed her eyes in irritation as Aegon snarled at her.

"Aegon Targaryen, you watch your fucking tone with me!" she lectured. "I know it fucking hurts, I was stabbed in the stomach twice and I'm still healing, too, or have you forgotten?" He grimaced at her, looking thoroughly chastened. "You can't have any more milk of the poppy. Keep going," she urged. The prince hobbled along, gripping her shoulder and wincing in pain, until they finally made it to the Godswood. Laena helped him sit and he leaned back in her lap. "Better?" she asked.

"Not in the least," he retorted, closing his eyes. "It's throbbing."

"Is it?" she asked playfully in his ear. Aegon couldn't help but chuckle in amusement, despite the pain. "It will get easier, but you have to get used to walking on it without the milk of the poppy..." she reminded him. A quiet fell over the pair as she began to the sides of his hair back. "How is she?" Laena finally asked.

"The same," he replied sadly. She worried for Alicent's mental state, more so for what it was doing to her sons and grandchildren.

"And the children?"

"As well as can be expected, given the circumstances." Aegon told her. "They still don't understand everything that's happened. How do you explain it to children that age?"

"You don't..." she answered softly, fighting against the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes. Laena leaned back against the roots of the tree and watched the scarlet leaves tremble in the breeze...

**

Laena sat in front of the fireplace, rocking Maelor to sleep. She rose from the chair and placed him in his bed before joining Aegon's daughter on the floor. Jaehaerys was already asleep, the children's maid had seen to that before she had retired for the night.

"Why won't mother come back?" Laena's chest threatened to cave in at Jaehaera's question. "Doesn't she love us anymore?" Damn Aegon... Laena sighed and scooped her into her lap, despite the fact that she was far too big for the action.

"You hold your tongue, Jaehaera Targaryen," she scolded. "Your mother loves you more than life itself, you must know this... You've been to the sept before, right, you've prayed to the Gods?" The blonde girl nodded, her wide eyes staring up into Laena's. "Well, your mother was taken away from us; she's with the Gods now. They're taking care of her..."

"Is that why you took her place?" Jaehaera asked somberly. Laena sighed and closed her eyes, gathering herself.

"Oh, sweet little dragon, I could never take her place. She's your mother. But I did promise her that I would help take care of you, and I intend to keep that promise." Struggling to rise from the floor, Laena wrapped Jaehaera in her arms and carried her around the room, humming softly.

She was still shifting from one foot to the other, running her fingers over the child's curls, when she noticed Aegon leaning against the door, watching her intently; a small smile on his face. A flush crept over her skin and she looked away as she moved across the room to tuck Jaehaera into her bed.

"I don't think I've ever wanted you more than I do right now," the prince murmured in her ear, his hands caressing her belly, just below her naval.

"Aegon..."

"When are you going to let me put a babe in you?" he asked, nuzzling along her jawline.

"Aegon Targaryen, you have three children already!" she retorted, even as her head fell back against his chest.

"Mm, yes, and I adore them, but they're not yours..." Oh, gods, help me. She turned around and the prince gripped her at the waist, tugging her close against him.

"Aegon..." she whined his name as he pressed against her, planting kissed up the side of her neck. Aegon gripped her arss and lifted her from the floor; Laena's legs instinctively wrapped around his waist. The pair laughed as the dress made a tearing sound, neither of them caring in the least. He carried her into the bedroom and deposited her on the mattress.

"I'm sorry, but I can't wait tonight," he told her softly, pushing her back into the bed and shoving her dress up around her waist. His head disappeared beneath her skirts and then his mouth was pressed to her center, licking her deliciously.

"Oh fuck..." Laena gasped, gripping the blankets beneath her. He continued to lap at her until she was a stammering mess, and then he was unlacing his trousers and  gliding the tip of his cock between her slick folds. He buried himself inside her in one quick motion, swallowing the whine of pleasure that fell from her lips.

"When's the wedding?" he complained, flicking his hips and making her eyes roll back.

"A fortnight," she panted, gripping the sleeves of his shirt.

"Tell my idiot brother to hurry up," he told her, driving in and out of her at a maddening pace, "the sooner you give him an heir, the sooner I can watch your belly swell with my child." Seven hells, why do I like that so much?

"Fuck, Aegon, don't stop," she begged, wrapping her legs around his hips and shifting her own with every thrust.

"Gods, I fucking love you... Come for me, baby..." Laena hadn't even realized she was close but her orgasm ripped forcefully through her, her body shuddering beneath him.

"Oh...my...fuck!" Laena cried out as her nails dug tiny crescents into his arms.

"Fucking—" Aegon groaned as he wrenched himself out of her, spilling into his hand. Laena could see the disappointment in his eyes, even as he pressed his forehead to hers.

"I love you," she whispered against his cheek. The pair stripped into their small clothes and curled up beneath the sheets together. Laena fell asleep with her face buried in her prince's chest....