Chapter 12

Narrated

"Zora! Zora! Ngithi buya la!", (Come back here), she yells.
"Ngifuna ukudlala ngapha sisi", (I want to play this side sister), she responds.
"Zora!! Stop doing what you are doing it's not safe there. Come back or else I'll tell dad", she yells.

Zora seems to be oblivious of her sisters requests. She emitts a loud giggle as she gallops across the huge open space. She is free spirited.
"Zora!! I am going to give you a good hiding. I'm warning you for the last time. Come back now!!" , her sister yells again. Her orders seem to be falling on deaf ears. Zora keeps on running and running, chasing the colorful bird, which she calls umfundisi.

" Okay uzozisola uyezwa weZora. Ngithi uzozisola ngoba ngakubamba la uzokhala." (You will regret it Zora. You will surely regret it because when I catch you, you will definitely cry), she says as she runs after her.
"Mfundisi! Mfundisi! Ngimele phela. Ngifuna ukudlala nawe. (Little birdie! Little birdie! Wait for me, I want to play with you), says little Zora.

She runs across the rocky hill chasing after the colorful bird. She is on a mission and she won't let anything stop her now. Her giggles are heard by her sister, she is clearly enjoying herself. Her sister is on her trail keeping an eye on her. Zora is really one of a kind, one can never get angry at her.

She keeps on chasing the bird until she stops on her tracks. What she sees before her eyes is horrifying. It is actually traumatizing for a six year old .
"Sisi! Sisi!",(Sister! Sister!), yells Zora.
"Yini Zora?", (What is it Zora?) her sister yells back.
"Umlilo! Umlilo! Woza sisi ulimela uanti, kumele simsize." (Fire! Fire! Come sister aunty is badly injured, we need to help her", yells Zora.
"WeZora suka lapho!", (Zora get away from there), yells her sister as she  runs towards Zora's direction to see what her little sister is talking about.

"Anti, Anti vuka. Vuka anti" (Aunty, Aunty wake up),Zora utters these words with a sad expression on her face. Her tiny hands are on the woman's body, shaking her lightly as a way of trying to wake her up.
Her sister gets there and what she sees gives her a fright. A car that is badly burnt with some fire still lit and a woman, not far away from that car. The woman looks horrible. Her white dress has blood stains and some black color on it. Some parts of the dress are burnt and some are torn. Her face is unrecognizable. She has never seen her in her village.
"Zora! Zora!", she yells.
Zora snaps out of her trance and gives her sister her undivided attention.
"You are a brave little girl right?", she asks Zora.
Zora nods her head slowly.
"Okay. I want you to run back home quickly and call dad. Tell him to bring his bakkie and some of his herbs",says her sister.

"Yebo sisi" (Yes sister), Zora responds.
"Okay now run. Run Zora!", says her sister.
Zora sprints. She looks like she is on a wild goose chase. She keeps on running and running not taking any break to catch her breath. Her adrenalin has kicked in. Knowing Zora she would be scared walking alone in the forest but now the only thing that is ringing in her mind is to save her anti.

On her way home her friends keep on calling her asking her to play with them.
"Zora buya sizodlala."(Zora come let's play), they all keep on saying.
She finally gets home and she runs to her father, Bab'Tshabalala.
"Baba, baba, baba" (Father, father, father), she says as she tries to catch her breath.
Bab'Tshabalala looks at his little daughter with an amused face.
"Awubingeleli ngani ngane yami?", he asks. (Why aren't you greeting my child?).
Bab'Tshabalala was sitting with his neighbor, Bab'Khuzwayo.
"Ngiyaxolisa baba. Sanbona bantu abadala. Baba phuthuma uze nami. UAnti ulimele. Ngimshiye nosisi at the hill . ( I apologize father. Greetings my elders. Father hurry and come with me. Aunty is badly injured at the hill, I left her with sister). She says.

" Kunomlilo Futhi imoto yakhe ishile. Naye ulimele kakhulu kabi. Usisi uthe ngikutshele ukuthi uphathe amakhambi akho. (There's a fire and her car is burnt. She is also badly injured. Sister said I should tell you to bring your herbs).

Bab'Tshabalala was wondering what his little girl was on about. Which aunty was she talking about because all of his sisters had no cars. Zora tries to pull him up with her little hands. He looks at Bab'Khuzwayo and he too looks confused.

"Asambe baba kumele simsize", (Come dad we need to help her), she begs her father.
Bab'Tshabalala and Bab'Khuzwayo stand up. Her father rushes to the main house to get his car keys and his herbs. The three of them go to the little bakkie that Bab'Tshabalala owns. Zora gets in the back and the two men get in the front. Her father brings the engine to life and off they go to the save "Zora's anti".

Zora keeps on shouting the directions to her father through the little window that connects the front of the car with the back. They finally get to Zora's sister and they all hop out of the car. The scene before them was gruesome.
When Zora's sister saw them, relief washed over her. She knew that the poor girl was going to get help.

"Baba"(Father), she says.
Bab'Tshabalala takes his herbs and rubs them on the woman's face to reduce the swelling and the burns. He then picks her up and gently places her at the back of the bakkie. They all get in and they rush to the nearest hospital.

When they get there they are quickly attended to. The nurses put the woman on the stretcher and they take her to the emergency room.
"Baba uzoba right uAnti? (Father, will aunty be okay?), asks little Zora.
" The doctors will make sure that she gets well, don't worry my child", Bab'Tshabalala assures the little girl and gives her a pat on her back.
"Ndodakazi, kwenzekeni?" (My daughter, what really happened?), Bab'Khuzwayo asks Zora's sister.

"Eyi baba... ", She then narrates the whole story of what happened and how they found the woman.
"Asethembe ukuthi uzolulama" (Let's hope that she'll get better),says bab'Tshabalala.
_______________________________________
Thank you for reading this far😘❤️. More action and more drama will take place.

Please vote and comment. Remember that your comment also guides me as a writer on which route to take😀❤️I love you guys so so much . 💜💜