The Guardian Of Knowledge (Chapter 12)

~With Fang~

Fang had teleported to Alex's place and called out to him "Alex, I'm back" he said as he walked around the library looking for his 'friend' 

"I'll be there in just a minute" Alex called out from somewhere in the library. After a short few minutes he came out of nowhere and asked "is there something you need?"

Fang shook his head "no, I just needed to get away from the idiot I'm currently 'working' with" he said as he sat in one of the many wooden chairs 

Alex sat across from him as he nodded "hm, I see, you never told me what was going on when you left, would you mind elaborating?" as he was saying those words he used his magic to make two teacups and a pot of hot tea float over to them and place in the middle of the table for easy access. Alex grabbed one of the teacups and poured himself a cup of the mint tea  

Fang grabbed a cup as well and did the same "well this guy made a wish in the Wishing Well, obviously, and now I have to deal with him because he's somehow awake, but luckily for me, me and that idiot were able to struck a deal" 

Alex took a sip of his tea while nodding "mm-hmm, see, what's the deal in question?" 

"if he were to destroy the Wishing Well I would give him back his brother" Fang couldn't keep a straight face well saying that and started laughing soon after "that idiot will really believe anything I say! He really believes I can get him back his brother! His brother probably hates his non-existing guts, especially after he officially joined the 'Star Sans' the 'Great Heroes of the Multiverse', Pfff, yeah, there's no mending that relationship" 

Alex placed his cup of tea on the plate in front of him and looked Fang in the 'eyes' "who is this person in question?"  

"Dream Sans, or Wish as he goes by now" 

"oh, hmm... I see, it appears you have not read there full profile..." he said to himself 

"what was that?" 

Alex looked at him "nothing of your concern, Fang." he said before quickly changing the subject "you took something of importance from him to ensure he didn't back out of the deal or betray you" 

"I did... Where is this going?" 

"i just want to know what give you the bright idea to take his soul." 

"how do you know I did?" 

"I'm the Guardian of Knowledge, I know everything" 

"if you know everything then why did you ask who the person was?" 

"I didn't know who the person in question was because I'm extremely busy and have multiple new Au's popping up every single day that need my attention, all I knew was that you took their soul to make sure they didn't break their deal with you. Taking someone's soul could kill them and I encourage you to give it back to him and take something else"

"I know Alex and no, he's a guardian, he can't die from something like that"

"that may be true but he could get extremely sick and won't be able to use most of his powers to their full ability if at all, making him more vulnerable to other Guardians who can and will kill him" 

"that's the thing, he COULD, I haven't seen any signs of sickness yet so I'm pretty sure he's fine, and he doesn't know a lot of people so I doubt he's made enemies that will go as far as to kill him"

Alex sighed "you're not getting it, are you...?" Alex took a deep breath "when the two of you get the time bring him here" 

"what? Why!? You said it yourself on multiple occasions! You don't want randos in here!" 

"that maybe true but I doubt you have told him anything that could be of use to him and his mission"

"I've told him some stuff..." he mumbled as he crossed arms and looked away from the Guardian

"that 'some stuff' being?" 

"about the Kingdoms and their rulers" 

"did you tell him about all five?" 

Fang stayed quiet

Alex sighed again "I'll take that as a no" he got out of his chair "Fang, I'm sorry to say this but I'm very disappointed in you right now, you know how it feels yet you still brought that pain on to someone else, you know how it feels to be desperate to have the love you gave a family member returned. Yet, you took advantage of someone when all they wanted was the same. I raised you better than this"

"you are NOT my f*cking Mother or Father, you have no right to lecture me in this way." 

"I am aware I'm not any of those but I just wish to remind you that when you're Mother did this to you were distraught, you knew how horrible it felt to have her leave you for her new family and for you to try your hardest to prove that you were worthy to be part of it again just for her to spit in your face"

Fang got out of his chair and slammed his hands against the table "don't bring my Mother or that a*shole into this!" 

"I apologize for bringing them into this but I felt as if it was necessary to give a demonstration you've been through so you can see how Wish could be feeling"

Fang stood up straight and glared at him "were done here." he said before he teleported away

Alex stared at where Fang was previously, he let out another sigh as he sat back down and placed one of his hands on his head "I've never been fit for this 'parenting' thing have I? What gave me the idea I was?" he closed his eyes "was I too harsh on him? I know I shouldn't have brought them up but it was the only way I could think of how to show him Wish's perspective"

As Alex regained his thoughts he heard something crash, he quickly got out of the seat and went to investigate, it seems like some of the books have fallen off their shelf.

"how did this happen?" He thought to himself as he made his way over to the fallen books, he placed them back in proper order, he looked at the table closest to him and saw an opened book, when looking at a closer he realized it was Wish's and Voids book "what is this doing here?" he asked himself as he picked up the book and looked at the chapter it was on "weaknesses..." he read to himself. Thinking nothing of it he went to return the book in its proper place, unaware of the silver eye lights looking at him