Sixteen - Emotional journey

A/N before you read; this one is longer than usual (like wayyyy longer), i got carried away a bit my bad :) it's not proofread so pls if there's a mistake, try and look past it thankyouu :D also pls excuse the shitty title hahaha tnx

--

Thomas wasn't into guys.

Never been, never will be.

Or so he thought.

Now...

He's not so sure.

--

It happened a few weeks ago. He went out with some friends of his, celebrating their graduation from college. After the so many ups and downs, the consuming stress, the tiredness, the never ending meetings, the annoying group projects, the professors claiming they care but in fact couldn't give less of a shit,... It was over. They had their diplomas, they could dive right into the real world. And ready, they were.

After a few drinks, Thomas and his friends were a little more than tipsy. Except Teresa. Oh, she was absolutely hammered. She never really drank a lot of alcohol, so she never built some sort of tolerance for it. She needed some air and as it goes with friend groups; out together, come home together. So everyone went outside, Thomas supporting Teresa, who was loudly cheering up a couple making out in the bushes, while Minho and Brenda went up ahead, searching for a comfortable spot, pushing and pulling each other as they tried to keep walking straight.

When they finally found a spot, not too far away from the club but far enough so they can hear each other over the music. Everyone slumped down, except for Minho who literally fell. The boy had a poor balance, especially when drunk. Thomas, who was the most decent out of all of them, sat down cross legged so Teresa could sit in between them and be secured between Thomas' arms and legs. Her head lolled back and leaned on his shoulder.

"How's the elbow?", Thomas asked Minho, trying to let his laughter die down. Minho had his face in a grimace while rubbing over his elbow.

"It hurts, man."

Thomas chuckled after eyeing his elbow and seeing it wasn't bruising. He felt Teresa's even breathing against his chest. He shook his head but couldn't fight the smile creeping up; this girl wasn't lying when she said she could sleep anywhere. Thomas leaned back, taking Teresa with him. He looked up at the clear sky and immediatly found himself in awe. Blocking out whatever conversation Minho and Brenda were having, he was looking at the stars.

Stargazing has always been a favorite activity if his. It made him feel so small in the world. It made him reminisce the good old days and what the future may entail. It reminds him that he has his own life in his hands. He, and only he, can make his wishes and dreams come true. Stargazing helped him calm down whenever he was upset. It helped him ground him again. It helped him realise that his problems aren't actually as big as he thought they were. It gave him strength, and hope.

It reminded him of Newt. Thomas couldn't quite place why exactly it made him think of Newt, and usually he shuts down all thoughts about him in an instant. But the alcohol in his system and the mood he was in, made him decide to take the thoughts and those weird feelings that accompanied those thoughts under the loop.

He's not sure when exactly it started, but he does remember the exact moment they met.

Thomas was deep into his concentration, typing away on his laptop, headphones on his head. Suddenly, a hand appeared in his peripheral vision. He snapped out of his concentration and looked up to see a blond boy staring, clearly waiting for an answer. He didn't see nor hear the person approaching his table and asking a question. Thomas removed his headphones after pausing his music and looked at the guy apologetically.