*Prologue*

Prologue*When we were young

oOoOoOo
1968:

The last day of summer arose in a glowing, warm sun. The streets were enlightened, filled with playing kids, people going to get ice cream and dogs running around the parks. Helplines filled the life of many that day, however, for anblitze boy and girl this day would be the last happy one for a long time. Or so they thought. Silly little thoughts of little children who were too afraid to see the world.

As a blonde little girl closed the door behind her, the door that closed her home off from the world, she went ahead and took few steps to reach the porch of her neighbors house. A small one. Formed in brown rock, with a wooden porch. It wasn't a particularly big house, but it was definitely enough for the three people who lived in this house. Looking shyly at the door, she raised her hand, with the pink painted nails her mother had painted her the day before, and knocked tentatively. Even after all these years, she still hadn't shed that reserved and easily intimidated demeanor. And that although she knew how much the people behind this door adored her.

And as she heard soft steps behind the door, she took exactly to and a half steps back to have the perfect distance to the coming person. After some seconds the opening door revealed a small, blonde woman. She was still young, but old enough to have a child that stood behind her, ready to go running off.

"Hello,-" The woman started, but was interrupted quickly, which she only could smile about.

"LOVIA!" The little blonde boy only had to take one look at who was standing behind the door before he took off and ran into her arms. Closing her hands behind her back he laughed in sind with her as she did the same to him.

Giggling, the girl ruffled through his hair. "Petey."

When they released each other after a minute or so of happy silence, they smiled at each other greatly.

Yet again the boy was not able to keep himself from spilling out words of great joy. "Guess what I got today, Lovi!"

"What is it?" she asked with widening, wide blue eyes.

"A new ball. We can go play with it right now."

Peter was standing proudly as he held up the green ball that was almost the size of his head. To any other adult it must have looked terribly funny how such a small boy was holding this ball beside his head. And his mother could only smile as much as she went to spoke before both children would suddenly run off. It was always like this and many times she would not even get the chance to say something before the pair of friends took off.

"Be careful, you too. Watch out when you cross streets. Have fun!" With one last kiss that she pressed on the top of her son's head, she stepped back into the house but not before looking back one more time.

"We will. Thank you, Misses Pettigrew." Lovia reassured, while waved shyly.

Laughing, the woman waved back. "I told you, Lovia. Call me Marissa."

However, the kid were not able to catch these words as they had already taken off. Every time they do this. Yet it would be the last.

oOoOoOo

The day went on and the sun made her away around one half of the earth. Birds started flying into a new direction to find a home for the autumn days. Squirrels began stuffing their mouths with whatever treats they could find a build themselves a warm home. And Peter and Lovia switched their places from the free outside to the tree house in the garden of Lovia's family. Tomorrow it would be broken down in order to widen the garden space. The new house owners didn't want such a tree house in their garden. They were more of the modernizing people. Quite uncomfortable, Peter thought. And silently Lovia thought the same. Therefor, the two of them decided to spend their last evening together in the little home they had built together over the last few years.

The treehouse was quite tall, so from the top one was to see a row of houses along the streets of London. After stepping up the stairs one was able to find a cozy little space that was filled with many blankets, pillows and lights. It was homey, peaceful and quite magical. The only room that was able to calm the two active children, that were now lying inside.

"I'm gonna miss you, Lovi." Peter spoke his mind after moments of silence.

It was the first time he had said this since the first time he was told about the Rose-family leaving to move to France. He had thought about it many times, felt it in his heart ever since, yet he never spoke it aloud. He didn't want it to be real. Wanted for their plans to change so he wouldn't even have to say it. However, this day never came. And he wanted Lovia to know. His best friend. The girl he spent time with almost everyday. The girl he thought about every day. A girl that has such an importance to him, he didn't know how to fill the hole that she'd leave behind.

From the corner of his eyes Peter was able to find a sad smile on Lovia's face and a small tear rolling down her cheeks. Just as he felt tears of his own rising in his eyes.

"I will miss you too, Petey." She said as Peter wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

Silence followed once again. The lights seemed to dim around them, and through the windows of the tree house they were able to see the stars shining a little brighter in the night sky. A feeling of magic once again filled the air. The kind of magic that children believed in. The most pure and loving form. Yet it was a little sad this time. A little different.

Peter felt the need to speak once again. Had one question left. A one he might've known the answer to but was not ready to accept. He needed reassurance. Needed hope. Needed love.

"We will meet again, won't we, Lovia? We will be together in a future that's only ours?"

"We will. We will built ourselves our wonderland, Pete. A Home we'll always know."