Chapter 10*

Chapter 10* Dates and flowers and starlight once again

oOoOoOo

Stepping into the great hall on a chilly winter morning, Peter and his friends walked right up to their usual places. A quarter of habitual, sense and normality. But this normality had made small changes. Because despite the fact that the space was still the same, it was slightly enlarged.  Two girls were already sitting in place of the four boys. Lovia and Camille had always woken up before the boys for the past few weeks, so it was a new habit to find the two French students already seated in the group. And the marauders were happy about it. They've already seen nice faces. Weren't shoved into a weary silence where everyone is trying hard to keep their eyes open. It was only a second now before the gentle conversations began, words were exchanged and hugs were closed. It was a nice new habit. Even for Peter, who hated change. But being able to hug his Lovia every morning was the best change that ever happened to him.

And so he did this morning. No one ever questioned or wanted to change the fact that the seat next to Lovia was meant for him. Meanwhile, Remus took a seat next to Camille and Sirius and James sat across from each other. Occasionally Ivan would join in and chat with James and Sirius. Sirius in particular seemed to have developed a strong sympathy for the boy. Based on reciprocity. Nobody could deny that. On some level, the two seemed to be getting closer, as the other had been allowed to. But it made sense. The two. Together.

However, after the breakfast, Peter rushed the boys up the stairs to their room quicker than usual. He had something for the group to discuss and it was urgent, they were sure. And Sirius somehow ran along just as fast.

Stepping into their through the door of their room, James plopped down onto his bed and crossed his hands underneath his head. Meanwhile Sirius rested his shoulder on the wall and Peter sat down on the edge of his bed. Only Remus took the time to clean up a little.

"So, my dearest Pete-" James started mockingly and raised a brow at his friend, who now turned to look at him in return. "What's gotten into you? Racing up the stairs as if the great hall was on fire. Because I am pretty certain everything was fine down there."

Peter smiled in nervous manner. He was indeed nervous. And fast to discuss what burdened his heart right this second. But it wasn't a bad type of nervous. I mean, a little. Every nervous is a little bad. But this time, the fast beat of his heart and the blush on his cheeks was good. It was excited. It was true. Peter huffed a laugh out, before shaking his head at his own thoughts.
He waited to do this for quite some time now. Actually, he's waited for years. But the possibility of him having the chance had been flowing away. Until this year arrived. And his heart bloomed once again. And fully this time. Extraordinary.

"I want to ask out Lovia to the Yule Ball." The winter formal that came along with the triwizard tournament. A Ball, where the students would dress up, sing and dance the night away. It was supposed to be an opportunity to enjoy a shared evening before the last task and to connect with the foreign students. And Peter was planning on doing exactly that. Only Lovia was not quite foreign. Not to him.