Chapter 2*

Chapter 2* When the sun reaches dawn again

oOoOoOo

As the sun reached his highest point at the sky more and more people were to gather in the great hall. Many rushed to their seats while others were playing cool even though nervousness filled their minds. It was very loud in the hall. People spoke loudly, excited for whatever was to come. Others were already caught up in whispering gossip.

The triwizard tournament was one of the biggest happenings in schools of wizardry. Hundreds of students gathered from three different schools to unite and represent their own as a competitor in a magical contest. A dangerous contest in which the chosen ones will have to handle unknown magic, creatures that they would never expect and tricks to make them break. The game was dangerous. Terrifying to most, yet most wished to be able to compete. To win. No matter what dangers would attack them. And if once chosen by a nonchalant power, there was no turning back. No way to back out. If once chosen one would have to take part in every quest that was to handle. However, not anyone was able to apply and participate. Every competitor had to at least lived past the age of seventeen to take part. An age to keep youngsters from taking part and assuring the competitors to have a sense of awareness of what they're applying for.

As the marauders passed the grand entrance towards the great hall, they all looked around in wonder.

"They really cleared up any space." Remus said, a little surprise gracing his voice. Even more seats were nor places in the hall, even though the four houses of Hogwarts already filled the hall to the brim. Guess there was still some space left, Remus thought. Or maybe they used a bit of magic on that. Probably

Peter shrugged nonchalantly as he looked around. "They cleaned up, that's for sure."

"Man, I wished I could apply." Sirius whined, flipping his hair dramatically. His biggest pride, Peter mocked in his mind, smirking. It truly was though.

"Me too, Padfoot."

Remus rolled his eyes. "Sirius your death wish was always quite worrying. And James, you know Euphemia would have your head if she found out you'd apply. She would literally pull you both out of this castle with her bare hands. And rightly so."

"Oh come on Remus, don't be a spoilsport." James tried to taunt his friend. He knew Remus meant good though. And he was grateful for it. He had pulled the group out of a lot of trouble multiple times. And everyone appreciated.

"Sorry for not wanting my friends to die. My bad." There was a playful tone in his voice as Remus spoke but they knew his words held some truth. They all knew the stories.

As they sat down on their typical seats, every other was filled except the ones for the other schools. Suddenly the hall went quiet and as everyone looked at the front Peter knew that it was because Dumbledore had stepped up to his lectern. Ready to give his annual speech.