Chapter 9*

Chapter 9* The one who ownes your heart

oOoOoOo

Unicorns. The creatures to create the greatest sense of hope and fate. The truest creatures to ever exist. They are said to be wise in mind and heart. Able to tell one's deepest faith only by the blink of an eye. The pale body of a horse with a shining horn just between their ears. With blood so pure and silver just like the beating heart beneath the thorax. Unicorns were the most respected animals in the Wizarding world. For all those reasons but also for their fierce and strength.

And so when the triwizard champions heard of the second task that they were now meant to solve a calm silence fell over them along with the students. The calm before the storm, one might say. Because how would one student be able to take a unicorn in order to ride? Especially when none had ever seen a unicorn before? Because that was what the champions were meant to do. Tame and calm a unicorn before riding it.

Many were certain that this task was meant to be the final one, considering how special and most importantly difficult it was. However, the creators of the tournament had other things planned. And it raised even more awareness on how hard the third task could possibly be. But that was still in the future. Now the champions had to focus on the unicorn. And the unicorn only.

On the morning of the task the gossip was loud. Almost unbearable. The students could not stop chatting on the breakfast table, the teachers were sure most even forgot to bite into their food. However, they couldn't bear the tension themselves.

Lovia was happy this morning. She was excited for the following task and what was going to happen on this bright day. She'd always had a great fascination for unicorns. And being able to see one this day, even if it would be just from afar exited her. She was so glad she was able to experience Hogwarts. That fate had led her to this point.

As Lovia was entering the great hall and started to make her way towards the Gryffindor table she was stopped by someone quite quickly. She almost stepped into their chest because of her fast pace. Looking up she stared right into Ivan's face. A handsome smile on his lips and his eyes shining just as she met them.

"We'll, good morning." She greeted him, stepping back to bring some space between them again.

Ivan snickered as he looked at her. "Morning. Slept well?"

"Actually yes. How'd you notice?"

"You look's quite gleeful. And considering the fast pace that you walked in with everyone should be able to tell."

He was observant, she noticed. He had an eye for detail. He paid attention. Because Lovia was sure that not everyone would notice the change in her manner.

"We'll, Lovia, I hoped to see you in order to ask something."

"Ask right away." Lovia had an idea where this was going but she hoped she was wrong. She really did. Not because Ivan wasn't a nice guy or handsome to say the least. But because she had no other interest in him than friendship.