FIVE

LEMON BOY

THE NEXT DAY was the first day of spring break and to say Oliver was relieved for the holiday was an understatement

He eagerly stayed in bed to get a lay in, but a few minutes later he was awoken rudely by his mother shouting.

"Oliver!" She screamed loudly, the brunette boy sat up and sighed, shrugging off his blanket in annoyance.

"I'm coming!" He slipped on socks and walked down to his mother.

"What?" He snapped, tiredness full in his voice, "your friend is waiting for you to pick up her call."

Oliver mumbled something incoherent and shuffled to the phone, "what?"

"Oliver!" Stacy's voice was heard on the other side of the phone.

"Why are you calling me? It's the first day of break, leave me alone."

Oliver could hear Stacy sigh on the other end, "we're all going to rink o' mania and you're coming."

"I don't remember agreeing."

"You didn't need to! Hurry and get ready, we'll be at your house in fifteen minutes."

AND STACY WASN'T LYING. His friends were knocking on the door exactly fifteen minutes later. He unwillingly opened the door and told them to wait as he had to fix his hair.

They ended up waiting in the house for another forty-five minutes because Olivers hair wouldn't stick up right.

Just as the boy finished doing his hair, Jake opened the door and slipped in.

"Hey, man" Oliver only glanced at him through the mirror.

Jake coughed awkwardly, "look. I just wanted to apologise, I was an ass, sorry."

Oliver sighed and rolled his eyes, a grin forming on his lips. Jake saw this through the mirror and smiled himself.

As much as Oliver disliked his friends, he could never hate them. And it was the same for the other three.

Everyone around them could see that they somewhat disliked each other, but yet they continued to be friends. Because in the end, they were family.

Four insecure kids that projected their insecurities on those they saw weak. They were each other's first found family and it's hard to hate them.