TEN

LEMON BOY

WILL, MIKE AND OLIVER rushed down the stairs, pizza ad in hand

"Excuse me, sir?"

The agents didn't bother looking at them, Mike repeated.

The man sighed and turned to the three boys, "what?"

"We're hungry," Will said as if it was obvious. He showed him the pizza ad.

The officer turned to the other one and shrugged, "I could eat."

The agents called the pizza place, Will, Mike and Oliver all rushed back upstairs back to Wills bedroom.

OLIVER SAT ON Wills bed, a tennis ball in hand as he continuously switched it from one hand to the other.

"Hey, Will." Will only hummed in response.

Mike wasn't in the room so Oliver felt it was the perfect time to apologise to Will.

"I wanted to say-" Before he could apologise, Mike barged in with his bag. Will shifted his attention to Mike, "you've packed already?"

"Yeah, I mean, I never really unpacked." Mike sat on the bed beside Oliver.

Oliver went silent, finding more interest in the tennis ball in his hand than the two boys talking. Mike clicked his tongue, "thanks by the way."

"For what?" Will asked, turning to Mike. "For knocking some sense into me, I was being a total self-pitying idiot."

Will chuckled, "I didn't say it."

Oliver continued to sit in silence, pondering why he always felt as though he was interrupting something important between them.

"You didn't have to. Hey, also about the last few days-"

Will glanced to Oliver who was studying the tennis ball in his hand, "you don't have to say anything. I... I was being a total jerk to El. I deserved it."

"No."

Oliver wanted to leave, he felt awkward in the same room with the two boys. He hated social interactions like this.

He was too awkward for emotional things, and to just be sitting in the same room as something overly emotional - he felt weird.

Will calling his name pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Also, Oliver, what did you want to say?" Olivers eyebrows furrowed he glanced to Mike who was looking at him and shook his head.

"Don't- um, don't worry about it."

Will nodded. A car stopping made the three boys turn to the window.

"That was fast," Oliver mused earning a chuckle from Will.