EIGHT

LEMON BOY

WHEN OLIVER WOKE up the next morning, his goal was to go to the Byers house and apologise to Jane

WHEN OLIVER WOKE up the next morning, his goal was to go to the Byers house and apologise to Jane. Although he had not physically harmed her, he stood back and watched as she got picked on.

And in Olivers opinion, that was worse.

Oliver had found out where Jane and Will lived purely on accident. He was walking to Jake's house one day and saw Jane and Will walk out of their house.

When the boy got to the front steps of the house, he had to take a few deep breaths before he knocked.

After a few seconds, a brunette boy Oliver didn't recognise answered the door.

"Hi?" He spoke, his eyebrows furrowed slightly.

Oliver swallowed slightly and took to fiddling with his fingers, "is um, Will and Jane home...?"

The boy nodded and let Oliver in, the brunette boy walked in awkwardly.

"Um... hi Will."

Will looked at the boy and the unknown boy walked away from the two teens.

"Why are you here?"

"I... um came to apologise to Jane, I know that it's probably too late but I ju-"

Will sighed, shutting the boy up, "Jane is upstairs talking to Mike, you can wait down here until one of them comes down."

Oliver nodded his head and Will guided him to the living room, Will sat on the sofa and motioned for Oliver to do the same.

He did as he was told but sat at the edge of the couch, thinking he might irritate Will if he made himself comfortable.

"Why're you being so tense?" Will asked as the boy Oliver assumed to be his brother walked in.

"Oh, um sorry," Will sighed and shook his head, Oliver moved back into the couch.

After about five minutes, Oliver was slightly getting restless. Will seemed happy enough to watch the TV, his arm slightly brushing against Olivers leg making the boys cheeks a light pink.

The doorbell went and without looking up Will spoke to Johnathon (he had introduced himself, assuming Oliver was one of Will's friends.)

"Ten bucks says mum forgot something."

Johnathon chuckled, folding the newspaper in his hand and standing up, "yeah, I'm not taking that bet."