NINE

LEMON BOY

SOMEHOW, Oliver managed to be dragged back to the Byers house

SOMEHOW, Oliver managed to be dragged back to the Byers house. He was sat beside Will scribbling different numbers down that he could remember so Johnathon could call them.

They didn't have a phone book.

After a bit, Johnathon got irritated and slammed the phone back onto the receiver. A car light passed the window, catching the attention of everyone inside the house.

Will, Mike, Johnathon and Oliver rushed to the front door to see a woman and man in suits step out of the vehicle.

"WHAT EXACTLY is going on in Hawkins? What's doing these killings?" Johnathon asked while Oliver sat in shocked silence after being explained everything.

"That's what we're trying to ascertain."

"Where is El, like, right now?" Mike asked.

The woman shook her head, "For her safety, it's best you don't know."

"This is insane! This is insane!"

"So this training to get El's powers back, how long is it gonna take?"

Oliver glanced up from the floor to look at the woman, "it could weeks, it could take months."

"Months?!" Will exclaimed.

"Until then, agents Harmon and Wallace will stay with you."

"We're not the ones in danger."

"Our friends live in Hawkins."

"My family lives in Hawkins!"

"I'll work to contain the situation until Eleven is ready." The woman's eyebrows raise, "In the meantime, it is of vital important you do not speak to anyone about this."

Mike scoffs, "No. No way."

"What the fuck?!" Oliver said, finally regaining from his shock.

"I know this is difficult to understand," the woman spoke, her words slower as if Olivet was a baby.

"It's not difficult to understand! I'm not stupid," the boy glared at her.

"This is impossible!" Mike said, the woman looked back up at him.

"There are factions within our government who are working directly against Eleven," The woman stands up.

"Who are, in fact, searching for her as we speak. We can't risk contact. If they learned about any of this, it will jeopardise Eleven."

"And if Eleven is jeopardised, so are your friends. And so is your family."

Mike scoffs, "So, what? We're just supposed to trust that you're the good guys? Whoever you are?"