SIX

LEMON BOY

"WILL!" Will and Jane's boyfriend turned to the brunette who was skating over

"What do you want?" Will asked, his eyebrows furrowing at the boy in front of him.

Oliver went to warn him, but before he could the music came to an abrupt stop and was replaced by the DJ speaking.

"All right, everyone. This next song is dedicated to Jane, the local snitch."

The song wipeout began playing and Oliver let out a shaky breath, "wha- what's going on?!" Will asked frantically.

Oliver stayed quiet, his eyes glued to the rink as the girls made a ring around Jane. The girls boyfriend skated over to the DJ.

Oliver snaps out of it and skated to the edge of the rink, the music stops and Jake skates over to Jane, he throws the milkshake at her making her fall back.

The skaters on the rink laugh, Olivers lips part in shock.

"You knew that was going to happen didn't you?" Will spoke from beside the boy, his voice softer than expected.

Oliver sighed, his eyes turning to the floor. Janes boyfriend eventually made his way back over to the two, he glared at Oliver.

OLIVER WALKED OVER to his friends, "where were you?" Stacy asked, laughing at the video of Jane.

"It doesn't matter," he spoke, Stacy laughed, turning the camera to Oliver so he could watch. He pushed the camera away from him.

"What's up with you?" Chad asked, gently cradling the camera so it doesn't drop, "who shoved a stick up your ass?"

Oliver glared at the blonde.

"Angela." Jane shouts.

"Uh-oh, look who it is." Oliver turns his head to see Jane.

"She looks upset," Chad snickers.

"You ruined my day."

Angela chuckled, "Oh no! Did we embarrass you in front of your boyfriend?"

"I want you to say sorry to me, and I want you to tell my boyfriend that it was just a joke and that we are really friends."

Oliver bit his lip, his eyes turning to the floor, "or what? You gonna hurt us with your mean stare again?"

Angela laughs, "Sorry you can't cry to teacher today, you'll just have to cry to your daddy instead."

Oliver snapped his head towards Angela, his eyes wide.

"Oh, wait! Can't do that either."

Jake and Chad laugh as the four turn away from Jane, "come on Oliver," Stacy said.

Oliver watches as Janes face contorts from sadness to anger. She begins walking.

The boy looks from Jane to the stranger who she stole the roller skate from and ran after her.

He made it just in time, "Angela!"

Oliver's eyes widen at the sight of Jane smashing the roller skate against Angela's face. The blonde falls back and out on instinct, Oliver crouches down to help her.

Bystanders gasp in shock as Angela looks up disoriented, she moves a hand to her face, sobbing when she saw the blood.

"You're okay, you're okay," Oliver spoke softly, trying to comfort her, his hand on her knee as she sobbed.

ANGELA WAS MOVED so she was seated in a booth, Stacy was holding a tissue to the girls nose.

Oliver fiddled with his fingers, leaning against the booth. The voice of the paramedic was drowned out by Olivers thoughts.

His mind kept on replaying Jane hitting Angela, every time it replayed in his mind his stomach would drop.

Jake turned to him, he didn't say anything, but the look he sent him said everything.

WHEN OLIVER GOT in that evening, as usual, his mother was asleep on the couch. He walked passed her, not bothering to put a blanket on her.

Oliver went straight to his bedroom, he slipped off his shoes and fell asleep the second he hit the bed.

It was a long day.