A - The most wonderful time of the year

Dear readers,

It feels good to say that again. I'm sure many of you have been left quite disturbed by our lack of presence on this account, but fear not. We are back. 

And better than ever.

Actually, we're much worse than ever. But that means that we'll come out of this with enough life lessons to feed the 5000, so you guys are in luck. The spirit of Christmas is upon us, and this is our gift to you: a collection of entries seeping with wisdom.

I'd like to begin by drawing your attention to the picture above this chapter's title. You see, H and I decided that we wanted to write this book about 45 minutes ago, and in our eagerness, we decided to both create some cover art. H's creation is now the cover of this book, but we decided that mine could also have a cameo as the picture for this chapter. 

To the naked eye, the picture may just seem like a bunch of random people bunched together, but it is so much more than that. It is a journey. A journey that I will now take you on.

Of course, the focal point of the cover had to be Captain Hook and Emma Swan from Once Upon A Time. You may recall one of my later entries in Epiphanies (before it went private) when I detailed my newfound obsession with the show. In that entry, I was freaking out over Snow and Charming.

Oh, how times have changed.

Season 2, which I had not yet watched at the time, introduced Captain Hook to us. I didn't really care about him at first, but then H and I stumbled upon the Once Upon A Time Instagram account, on which we found this picture:

 I didn't really care about him at first, but then H and I stumbled upon the Once Upon A Time Instagram account, on which we found this picture:

From that point on, we were fully invested in Hook and Emma. Snow and Charming might as well not exist anymore.

In my cover, you may also notice dearie Rumple looking rather cryptic beside a shopping cart with an innocent child about to fall out of it. I don't really have an explanation for this one. 

I do, however, have an explanation for the two other men surrounding the shopping cart: Tewkesbury and Sherlock.

Enola Holmes 2 came out in November and my life hasn't been the same since. I didn't enjoy the first movie very much so my expectations weren't super high for this one, but boy were they exceeded. Not only was the plot exponentially better, but both Tewkesbury and Sherlock had the glow-ups of the 19th century. Suffice to say I am slightly in love with both of them now. 

And that brings us to the elf-on-the-shelf and the grinch. Don't worry, I'm not in love with either of them. I really just need some Christmassy characters and for some reason both the grinch and elf-on-the-shelf have been extremely prevalent in my TikTok lately.

So there you have it. Now you've got some insight into what may be included in this book, so brace yourselves. Christmas-themed chaos begins now.