A - Mistletoe

I found the above image lurking within my 'Send help' Pinterest board and I immediately got an overwhelming urge to write a chapter surrounding something that I have been avoiding for a very long time, yet must be addressed:

Relationships. 

I've probably talked about this several times before in the original Epiphanies, but I'd like to believe that I've grown as a person since then and therefore I need to discuss it further with a sense of maturity.

See, for a period of time that I can't quite place, I had instilled this idea in my head that I was not destined to be in a relationship. I had convinced myself that since nobody has ever shown interest in me before, I am not worthy of romantic affection and therefore will never have it. I had even convinced myself that I was completely fine with this being my life's path. 

Well, people, I'm not completely fine with it at all. I'm not even remotely fine with it. That has become increasingly obvious to me as Christmas has loomed closer and closer. Oh yeah, there's another reason some people hate Christmas: couples. It's the time of year when you start seeing them EVERYWHERE. Christmas shopping together at the mall, posting on Instagram in their matching pajamas, seeing them together at Christmas gatherings... the list goes on.

After 17 years of being very much single, this hurts my heart a little more than I care to admit. It doesn't help that everyone seems to be getting engaged or married at the moment, either. Even though I wouldn't consider myself super invested in the idea of being in a relationship right now, I do find myself wishing that I could be in these people's places. I really could use a forehead kiss at some point. Even just holding hands. Or any semblance of male attention. Alas, it seems like that's not in the cards for me any time soon. Probably because men of the 21st century are just NOT IT.

There's my main kerfuffle. I need to find someone who will say this to me:

 I need to find someone who will say this to me:

Really, that should not be too much to ask. Maybe I'll just have to wait until I'm 32 like Bridget and then my love life will finally fall into place. That would be fine with me. 

If you, my dear readers, are finding yourselves in similar situations to this, I have two things to say to you. First of all, I am extremely sorry. Second of all, don't give up hope. If you really want something, you're probably going to get it. Don't try to convince yourself that you don't want something just because you don't think it could ever happen to you, because guess what: it probably will happen to you. And it will be absolutely amazing when it does.

In the meantime, you can always live vicariously through movie characters.

😐😐😐